Chapter Thirty-One

(Caitlin's POV)

Dinner was going really well. I was having a great time with our little family. That is until the meta alarm went off on all of our phones.

"Shit!" Barry said, almost dropping his phone as he read the alert. I grabbed my own phone from my pocket and felt my blood run cold. It was Cicada.

"Uncle Cisco took the cure right?" Nora asked, looking over to Barry. "We're going to need to make sure it works so we can offer it to Cicada."

"He did." Barry nodded. "Caity, you and Dawn head back to the labs, Nora and I will take care of Cicada."

"What? No! I want to help!" Dawn said, glaring at Barry.

"Dawn, your powers don't work against him." Barry hissed in a whisper.

"Neither do yours!" Dawn huffed.

"I need someone to keep your mother and Cisco safe. I would never forgive myself if they got hurt." Barry said honestly, giving Dawn a pleading look.

"I can take care of myself." I said, rolling my eyes. I know he cares, but he also worries too much. I grabbed Dawn's hand, giving it a squeeze. "Come on."

"What? But-" I cut her off before she could continue.

"It's okay." I nodded, giving her a reassuring smile.

Barry and I both put enough bills down on the table to cover all of our meals before we all headed out of the restaurant. Once Dawn and I were in the car I turned to her.

"After we check that Cisco is safe at the lab, go out and help Nora and your father." I said, starting the car.

"Really?" Dawn gasped, looking at me with wide eyes. I nodded my head, speeding toward the labs.

"Yes, really. I think your dad is still scared after what happened at Joe's. I know I am. It worries me to send you girls out there, but I know you two know how to take care of yourselves." I smiled over at her. "I trust you two enough to know when to take yourselves out of the field."

"Thank you, mom." Dawn grinned. "I love you so much, but I need you to drive faster."

"I am!" I laughed, stepping on the gas and going as fast as I safely could without causing an accident.

(Nora's POV)

"Who do you think he's after this time?" I asked dad as we walked down the dark alleyway.

"Someone with some sort of control over acid." Dad replied, looking down at the weird corrosion spots that were all over the asphalt.