Chapter Thirty-Two

(Caitlin's POV)

"What is taking Nora so long?" Dawn groaned, spinning herself around in her chair. "It shouldn't have taken that long for her to grab Aunt Iris and get here."

I had to agree with Dawn here, it really shouldn't have taken Nora that long, but they could have run into trouble as well.

"Should we send Sparky after them?"

That wouldn't be the best idea. Barry had sent one of the girls to avoid having to be around Iris longer than he needed to. I wasn't about to send him out after his ex.

"Sorry I'm late!" Nora called out, stepping into the cortex with Iris in tow. I watched as Nora made eye contact with Dawn and mouthed 'later' to her. I wonder what was going on.

"What's the plan?" Iris asked, giving everyone a smile. It looked a bit strained.

"Probably has to do with what Nora and Dawn are planning to talk about later."

"Okay, here's the plan." Barry started before he laid everything out.

"Do we really think this is going to work?" Cecile asked, looking a little nervous.

"I think it will." Dawn nodded. "We just need you and Joe to convince Ambres to help. She took an oath, she should agree as long as you point out that it would be saving not only Orlin's life, but Grace's too."

"I agree." Iris added in. "I think this will work."

"We'll need Ambres to set up a meeting spot for dad and Orlin." Nora said, standing from her seat. "I'm going to call it a night though. Not like we can get anything done this late."

"Agreed." Cecile nodded. "I want to be home sleeping with Jenna right about now."

"I can second that." Joe said, wrapping his arm around Cecile. "See you guys tomorrow."

"Drive safe." Barry said, smiling at the two of them as they walked out of the room.

"Hey, Caitlin?" Iris asked suddenly. I could feel Barry's eyes on me from across the room as I looked over at Iris, giving her my full attention.

"Yes?" I asked, giving her a soft smile.

"Is it okay if we talk?" She asked, looking almost nervous. I was surprised.

"Of course. Let's go to my lab." I said, motioning for her to take the lead. Barry caught my eye as we left the room but I only shook my head. I didn't know what she needed to talk about, but it wasn't Barry's place to step in.

Once we were in my lab, Iris turned to me with a frown. It only made me more curious.