Sorry|Alex Danvers

"Oh my God, Alex hey!" You say as you spot her in the bar. She looks in your direction not recognizing the person's voice.

"Hi?" Alex says with slight confusion as she doesn't recognize the person. "it's been so long. It's so great to see you. How have you been?" You ask her.

Alex could have sworn that she has never met you in her life, but she's having doubts because how do you know her name and why would a stranger act like they know someone.

"Ohh, I've been great! How about you?" Alex decides to play along hoping that the conversation will help her remember who this person was.

"Amazing. I've been travelling for a while after university since my work was remote, I just came back to the city a few days ago" you tell her.

Alex listens intently as you speak, you mentioned university so she figured you must have met at uni.

"That's great to hear" Alex answers. "Those were the days... Uni I mean" you say. "We had some wild nights huh?" You say with a small chuckle, playfully nudging her shoulder.

Alex agrees with a hint of awkwardness as she has absolutely zero recollection of who you are. You of course notice the shift in her demeanor as she tries very hard to remember you.

Your facial expression shifts slightly, "you don't remember me, do you?" You ask in a serious semi disappointed semi sad tone.

Alex sighs in defeat as she admits it, "I'm sorry, I have zero recollection of you"

"Ouch" you say. "And here I was thinking we had something special back then" you say in a lighthearted voice.

A pang of guilt hits Alex as she realizes how shitty she must be. "I just don't understand how I could not remember meeting someone so beautiful" Alex says as she gazes at you.

You smile internally at the compliment but don't let it show on your face. "Flattery is not going to get you anywhere Ms Danvers" you say with a grin.

"Okay I'm sorry, I'm sorry" Alex repeats. "Can I at least get your name. Maybe it will help me?" She asks.

"Yeah it's Y/n" you reply softly. Alex ponders for a moment, "yeah I have not met anyone with that name. I would remember someone like you" Alex says.

You put your hands in your pockets as you stand there awkwardly. "Well it was nice seeing you, but I should probably go" you finally say as you begin to turn to leave.

Alex mumbles a confused "bye" as you walk away. Kara comes back towards Alex as she had been at the bathroom.

"I just had the weirdest interaction" Alex tells her. "What do you mean?" Kara questions. "I don't know if I'm a really shitty person or what" Alex says out loud.

"What happened?" Kara asks confused. "Someone came up to me that knew me, Y/n-" Alex began explaining, "oh oh oh, Y/n is here!?" Kara questions excitedly.

"Awh I remember how you used to talk about her all the time, you wouldn't shut up about her in 1st year of uni" Kara say reminiscing.

"So I am a shitty person" Alex sighs in defeat as Kara looks at her for an explanation. "I completely didn't recognize her and I still have zero recollection of ever meeting her." Alex says defeated.

"Alex are you ok? Did you hit your head or something?" Kara questions. "I mean.. I don't know what your relationship was exactly because we didn't really talk about that stuff back then but I know for a fact that you were at the very least fucking" Kara says not bothering to filter herself. "I can't believe you don't remember, hell even I would have jumped her given the chance" Kara admits.

"Okay, okay I'm an asshole I get it" Alex says in frustration. "Sorry, I'll just drop it" Kara says.

A little while later Kara approaches you as you sit at the bar. "That was amazing, you should really consider acting" Kara says as she hand you a 100 bucks.

"Thank you, that was awesome. That really made my day you don't even understand" You chirp in excitement.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it because I sure did" Kara agrees having watched the interaction from afar. "Are you going to tell her?" You ask. "Yeah probably, in due time, a couple hours give or take" she answers.

Flashback

You come to your usual bar where you like to hang out, just like every Friday afternoon. You always came here even if you weren't drinking.

A few minutes after you had ordered your first drink a blonde approached the bar. She ordered a few drinks and stumbled slightly as she moved aside.

You quickly reacted and helped her keep her balance. "Are you ok?" You asked. "Yeah thank you I'm such a clutz" she says as she dusts off her clothes before she finally looks up to make eye contact.

"Wow, you're hot" she blurts out before she can stop herself. She puts her hand over her mouth as soon as the words leave her lips. "I'm so sorry" she says slightly embarrassed.

"It's okay, and thank you" you chuckle. She leaves with a reddened face as she takes the round of drinks.

After about 15 minutes she approaches the bar again ordering another round this time starting a conversation as she waited for the drinks.

"Sorry about earlier again" she says and you nod in acknowledgment. "Would you like to help me play a prank on my sister?" She asks out of nowhere.

You think about it and before you answer "I'll give you a hundred bucks if you do" she offers. "I would have agreed anyway" you say with a chuckle.

"What do I need to do?" You ask. "so basically that's my sister with the short dark hair" Kara says as she gestures towards her group of friends.

"Okay" you say as you check her out. "I basically just want you to like go up to her later when I'm not there and just like pretend that you know her." Kara explains

"Okay, yeah I got it. Just tell me some stuff about her so I could have a talking point" you say. She tells you a little bit about Alex like her name what college she went to among other info.

"It's going to be epic" Kara says enthusiastically and you nod in agreement. You wait for the right opportunity before you approach Alex...