CHAPTER -8

Longest chapter ahead.

The whole day Kai spent either by reading books or playing with her nieces and nephew

The whole day Kai spent either by reading books or playing with her nieces and nephew. Soon the dinner time came, dinner had always been a chaotic affair in Menon house, because it was an unsaid rule that all of the family members should have dinner together. They all discussed their work and talked about anything and everything. This was the moment where Kia could bring back her old self. After dinner Kia excused herself to her room as she had a headache. And Janki thought that it was the correct time to discuss Seema's proposal.
Their home was two storry with four room upstairs and four rooms downstairs along with kitchen, dining hall and a living room. They were respected in their society because all of them were well mannered and polite. Arjun, Karan and Rohan sat on the sofa with their respected partners. And Vineet was seated on the opposite couch with his wife. The kids were already slept after dinner because their Kiwi went to sleep. The three of them always copied whatever Kia would do.

They all were sitting when Janki said: "yesterday I received a marriage proposal for Kai"
"She is only a child, she is not ready to get married now" came the immediate reply of Vineet and his sons responded shaking their head in yes , Janki and the other ladies glared at them.

Kia who was coming downstairs to get water halted on her pace after hearing this. She Became pale ..

marriage? They are talking about my marriage?

"Shut up and listen to me fully" Seema said.
"Okay " said Vineet.
"Look Vineet, I know you love her so much and don't want to leave her, but there will be a time when you have to marry her off. Then why not now?" She said.

"But she is only 25 now Amma" said Karan.
"You married to me when I was 25" said Meera shuting him.
"Who proposed for the marriage?" Rohan asked curiously.
"Seema Singhania " Suhani replied, and silent followed the room.
"Are you serious?" Arjun asked
"Yes " Janaki said.
Vineet sighed and asked " for whom?"
" Abhimanyu " Anjali said with a smile.
Kai who was hearing this from behind the piller felt like her heart is going to come out. It was beating so fastly.

"They are rich people, and we are from a different culture, why would they want our Kia for Abhimanyu?" Karan asked.
"I asked her the same,and do you know what she said? Janki asked and the men shed their head.

"I know we are not from the same culture, but I also know that you have given good personality to Kia, she is polite, respect her elders and even love her younger ones, I have felt it myself. And about money, I don't care because it will come Today and will go tomorrow, so please think about this proposal, we all really love Kia "

Janki remembered Seema's words from yesterday and said to her family and they all smiled.

"Vineet,our little Kai is not little anymore,she has grown up now, it is our responsibility to find her a good family where she will be loved and respected just like ours. And my heart says that the Singhania's will give her the love and respect she deserves." Janki said.