CHAPTER -26

Hello Butterflies,

So a surprise update for you guys evem though the target is not completed yet. But I wanted to upload this chapter.

Trigger warning:

This chapter is going to contain abusive language, mention of abuse and self harm. Read only if you are comfortable.

Now read and enjoy.

Vote and comment on this chapter. Like so many.

Now read and enjoy.

The next few minutes went by in a blur as I looked at the sky, reminiscing about the moments when I fell in love for the first time

The next few minutes went by in a blur as I looked at the sky, reminiscing about the moments when I fell in love for the first time. I remembered how happy and naive I was to think that life was a fairytale, but he proved me wrong and made me realize how cruel the real world can be. The raindrops falling on my face were the last thread of resistance, and then I broke down. All the pent-up emotions from the last few hours, the last few months, erupted from within me. My tears mixed with the raindrops as I sobbed uncontrollably. The continuous sobs from my mouth drew attention from passersby, but nobody cared to ask anything, and I was very thankful for that.

I stopped crying for a moment when I felt someone placing their hands on my shoulder. I looked up to find the concerned faces of my best friend, Tara, and her boyfriend, Avinash.

"What happened, Kia? Are you okay?" Tara asked softly, and that made me break down once again while hugging her close.

The next time I opened my eyes, I found myself curled up in Tara's lap in our hostel room.

Maybe I had slept while crying.

"What happened, Kia? Tell me why were you crying?" Tara asked with concern evident in her voice, which led me to tell her what had happened today.

"That bastard, I knew he was bad news from the moment I saw him for the first time. Bloody cheater," she cursed him, then continued cursing him in her native language.

After cursing him for the next few minutes, she turned to face me. Holding my shoulders with both hands, she said, "I know how much you loved him, Kia, and I also know that it must be difficult and damn painful to see the only man you have ever loved cheating on you, breaking your heart and trust into a million pieces. But, darling, always remember that you never deserve to be treated like this. You are too good for this world. I shouldn't say this openly as your friend, but still, you are an amazing girl who finds happiness in every small thing. So, don't let his dark shadow consume you. The world needs more of your brightness, sunshine," she concluded, making me realize how lucky I am to have a best friend like her.

I hugged her tightly and whispered, ''I'm so grateful to have you, Tara. You are just like what Avi calls you, a star.''

She hugged me back and said, ''And you are just like your personality, a sunshine that brightens everything.''