CHAPTER -11

"Beta, Kainat

"Beta, Kainat...she,..she is not our daughter " Vineet said finally with so much difficulty. He couldn't just say that his choti, his Kia is not his real daughter.
Abhimanyu and his family were shocked , he felt like someone just punched the air out of his lungs. He couldn't believe his ears so he asked "uncle ,what are you saying?".
"Yes papa is saying the truth, Our Kai, mera baccha,she is not my real sister " Rohan replied on behalf of his father.
Abhimanyu could feel that it took them so much effort to say this truth to him and his family.
"Please forgive us for not saying the truth earlier, but I just wanted to make sure Kai was happy with this relation, we are saying the truth because we are going to be a family, and I don't want to have any secret between us" Janaki said
"It's okay Janki ji, we totally understand you and I appreciate your honesty with us" Seema said assuring her.

"Uncle did Kia know about this?" Abhi asked and everyone kept silent and he got his answer.

"We will never able to look at her face and tell her that she is not our blood."
Karan said.

"If you have any problem with Kia's truth then you can cancel the proposal." Vineet said, Abhi felt like someone was strangling him, he couldn't take breath.

What is he saying? Cancelling the marriage? How could he say that? He thought but Seema replied to him.

"Vineet ji, I understand your concern about Kai, but you should remember that she is now our daughter too... Ha..shaadi nahi hui hai ab tak, but we consider her as Abhi's bride the moment she said yes for this proposal. It doesn't matter to us that she is not your real child but that will not change the fact that you are her family. So rest assured,we are not going to cancel the marriage."
Abhi was never this proud of his mother.

"Beta Vineet, how did you got her? and who is her real parents?" Asked Viraj.

"We don't know who is her real parents and what is her name, we don't know anything about her real identity. We got her when she was around 3 years old.."

Flashback

22 years ago, PALAKKAD, KERALA

An 8 year old Arjun, Karan and Rohan were on the way to their home after playing football with their friends. It was Sunday so they didn't had school. They were laughing and teasing each other when Rohan saw some movements in the bushes, he panicked and said "Arjun, Karan look there is something in the bushes "
The other two brothers stopped hearing him and looked at the bushes and like Rohan said there was some movements.
"Let's go and look" Karan said but Arjun held his hand, "no Karan, it's already late Amma is going to be angry" being the eldest one it was his responsibility to take care of the two. "But one look won't harm us Arjun let's just look at what is there and then we can go home." Rohan said this time and Arjun agreed.
The three made their way towards the bushes and they were shocked to see what was there.
"Karan, its a little girl" Arjun said, yes there was a little girl about 3 years standing behind the bushes. By the look on her face they could say that she was afraid so Rohan slowly gave his hand to her and said "hold my hand baby, we are not going to hurt you, I promise ".
The little girl looked from his hand to then their faces,but didn't took the hands. "It's okay baby, we will take you to your home " Rohan said again and this time she took his hand hesitated. And the brothers felt like they won a football match.
Rohan picked her in his arms and looked at her, he face was covered in mud, her white gown is turned to the colour of black, they could say that she has wore this dress for a long time. But what made them concern is the wounds on her arms and legs. Karan touched her face and instantly took back the hands," she has fever" he said.
"What should we do? We don't know her name or anything " Rohan again panicked while the little girl snuggled in to his chest.
"Let's take her home, Amma and Papa can find her parents." Arjun said and the three took her to their home.