Chapter 12: Messed up

Skip time:

Six months later.

Beomgyu and Taehyun are the same as before and their friendship was stable, except one thing that was slowly ruining it.

Taehyun bought snacks for the both of Beomgyu and him when he returned home, excited about them playing his favorite game.

Taehyun waddled to Beomgyu who was using his phone, his mouth creating a giggle. The younger stared at him, frowning slightly from the rare sight because Beomgyu doesn't usually use his phone too much unless the three which is Yeonjun, Huening Kai and Soobin texts him or an emergency call.

"Beomie?" Taehyun called out when Beomgyu didn't noticed that he was Infront of him, his eyes locked on his phone screen and his fingers tapping the screen which means he was texting someone.

Taehyun only received a hum from Beomgyu, not putting any attention on the male. Clearly uninterested.

Taehyun sat next to Beomgyu after a while of staring at him, his eyes peeking through Beomgyu's phone screen to see what he was doing.

His eyes widened slightly from seeing that Beomgyu was texting Yeonjun. Their messages always have the emoji ❤️ and <3 which when Beomgyu is texting Taehyun, it's always cold and dry.

From seeing that.

Taehyun's heart clenched

I guess I'm now your second choice, not first. I may have not been replaced but my rank lowered.

Beomgyu was always texting Yeonjun, he was always on his phone from now. He didn't get to spend time with Taehyun, they didn't really talk and hang out that much anymore. Taehyun tried to get Beomgyu's attention away from the phone then to him but it doesn't work, he didn't want to force Beomgyu either because he might be uncomfortable, annoyed nor mad at him. Their friendship was slowly going downhill from this and Taehyun knew he needs to fix this.

"Beomgyu hyung." Taehyun called out, he successfully got Beomgyu's attention because he didn't call him by the nickname he always call him and his voice was deep.

"Y-yeah?" Beomgyu respond, he gulped nervously and shivering. Wondering why the younger called him. Beomgyu put down his phone and closed it.

"We need to talk." Taehyun said, looking at Beomgyu at the eyes. They made eye contact for quite a long moment but Beomgyu pulled away, his cheeks tinted red.

"What is it?" Beomgyu asked, still not looking at Taehyun. His breathing paced faster from how nervous he is.

"Can you spend time with me? Leave your phone just for a while and stop texting Yeonjun hyung. You don't get to hang out with me anymore, we barely even talk these days. Are you getting bored of me? Am I uninteresting now?" Taehyun said, his voice broke and showed the pain he is feeling. Tears started building in his eyes, this is once again a rare sight.

"I-Im sorry.." Beomgyu apologized when he saw Taehyun and the words he said to him, the words he could only say were just "I'm sorry". He doesn't know what to say next, he was heart-broken from the sight.

Taehyun always stayed strong and he does not cry Infront of other people, he only cries when he is alone and at night. This things probably pained him a lot and Beomgyu regret not noticing that, he didn't know that Taehyun was hurting and he wasn't there for him when Taehyun was always there just for him.

Taehyun shook his head, changing his mind. He faced Beomgyu, looking at him with his pupils empty and sorrow.

What happened about the admiring and loving eyes?

"Ah.. I get it now. You like Yeonjun, right?" Taehyun asked, he hoped Beomgyu would deny the question he asked.

Beomgyu's eyes went wide from the question, unable to answer nor speak.

Taehyun's tears fell from his eyes when he didn't receive any answer or word from Beomgyu. His heart hurts, his pupils and hands shaking, tears falling from his eyes and rolling down his cheeks.

I thought it was worth waiting?

It only made me suffer,

and made me feel pain

that I haven't experienced for a while.

I thought I was making a progress,

I thought it was getting better,

I thought I was close..

but no.

I only thought,

and my expectations were false.

"You can continue texting Yeonjun. I won't force you to hang out with me, talk to me or spend time with me. I'm not going to enter or visit your house anymore. Go do it with Yeonjun instead." Taehyun said, smiling while his tears rolling down his cheeks.

Your smile is fake,

Why?

Your smile was always happy and true

When you were with me

"No! Taehyun, I like you." Beomgyu admitted, yelling quickly to Taehyun and nervously looking at the younger.

"You don't. You like Yeonjun hyung, not me. I already moved on." Taehyun lied about the last sentence but the other male didn't noticed it, looking back at Beomgyu with his eyes filled with tears and sorrow.

Beomgyu's heart tightened upon hearing the last sentence, it's like there was a rope that is squeezing it as if it is going to explode.

I can't.. it hurts.

Beomgyu saw Taehyun leaving, standing up from the couch and walking towards the door. He looked back and said "I can't bear with this anymore, I'm sorry. Be happy with Yeonjun hyung.", Taehyun smiled painfully and closed the door.

What did I do?

What should I do to fix this?

I can't do anything anymore

But I can't just sit here and do nothing.

But I feel like several chains that are wrapped around my body is stopping me from moving,

It hurts.

It's like it's ripping my skin open

as I try to fight back,

I'm so desperate to come closer to you

but this chain is preventing me

and you're moving away.

What am I feeling?

Is it regret?

Yes it is.

Am I guilty?

I am, I'm feeling guilty

Please, I'm sorry.

Beomgyu's hands hold his strands and tightly tugged it from frustration and anger. Tears building up in his eyes and quickly falling down.

"What should I do..?" Beomgyu asked himself, sobbing loudly.

"Taehyun-ah, I-I don't want to lose you."

+×+

tae_gyubeoms143 co-write with me..

Please support, vote and comment for this book! I'd appreciate it.

-Gyuhyun