Before The Storm

After L made his first appearance on TV, despite withholding almost all details about himself, the internet went into a frenzy. Some were cheering him on, others found his public stunt rather cool, and plenty were cursing his name and his attempts to thwart the increasingly popular figure known as Kira.

Shinoska tried finding all she could on the man, but of course, came up empty-handed. While her curiosity and eagerness to learn of how he's strengthened his logicality continued to grow, the young woman knew she still had school to focus on.

Merely pursuing his capabilities and methods won't do her any good if she doesn't get the top grades necessary to get into law school. So, for the past few days, she's for the most part resumed her daily schedule.

On this particular day, she decided to pay a visit to Light's house after school. The two have just finished their walk home, the familiar sight of the Yagami household bringing a cozy warmth to Shinoska's chest as she approaches her second home with her childhood friend by her side.

Light unlocks the door and holds the door for her as he lets Shinoska inside first, then shutting it behind him. The two slip off their shoes, the light clunking noise doing little to mask the patter of footsteps approaching them.

"Ahh, Shinoska, it's been so long since I've seen you!" Light's mother greets as she smiles warmly.

"It's wonderful to see you again, Ms. Yagami," Shinoska greets politely as she bows a bit, the aged woman donning a doting smile as she adorns an admiring smile.

"Oh, you! You're always so polite, Shinoska, but you know there's no reason to be. I've known you all your life, you know," the woman says, Shinoska nodding in return.

"That is very true," she responds as she thinks fondly of her memories with the kind woman.

"So...how's Light been treating you?" Light's mother asks with a teasing grin, Light holding back the urge to roll his eyes.

"Mother..." He says with exasperation, the woman laughing in response.

"You know I'm just teasing! I already know you're treating her well," the woman says, able to see her son's feelings for the girl for quite some time, "In any case, don't let me keep you two. I'll be preparing dinner if either of you need me."