Criminal Of Reality

"Shinoska Mimiki, daughter of Hiroto and Nozomi Mimiki. They've handled cases that have made national headlines as they've dedicated themselves to the pursuit of law. As their daughter, you intend to follow in their footsteps. Your dedication is commendable," Hideki says with pinpoint accuracy.

While Light makes sure to have a believably surprised expression, internally he fumes as paranoia sets in.

'Who is this guy? What does he want with the both of us?! At first, I wanted to use him to gather intel, but I could be getting the both of us into something we can't back out of. I don't have enough information yet!'

His concerns about keeping his identity as Kira hidden while protecting Shinoska swirl in his mind as he carefully glances over to see Shinoska's expression.

Shinoska's mind is left reeling, the woman completely at a loss as her face settles into a look of caution. She's uncertain of how to respond to his sudden revelation of apparently memorizing an entire synopsis of her.

"Impressive," he mutters, "You two make quite the pair."

Light's eyes meet with Shinoska's, the looks in their eyes making it clear that they've no idea who this man is. But unbeknownst to the woman, Light's mind races with questions and concerns as the unknown man's identity gnaws at the security he felt only moments ago.

"I have information I'd like to reveal to you two, as long as you both promise to keep it a secret. It's related to the Kira case, which I'm sure you've been seeking answers for," he says, glancing between the two.

The two of them pause, though for very different reasons.

'I don't know who this man is or if what he's saying is even true, but...If this could help Light and his family, then I at least want to hear him out,' the woman thinks, her convictions well-meaning.

"You have my word. I won't tell anyone," Shinoska says, her eyes clear and honest.

'If I decline now, will it look suspicious? Shinoska accepted rather easily, no doubt because she wants to be able to help in this case in any way she can... While this is why she's the ideal woman for me, the situation just makes things much more complicated! I'll just accept too! Doing otherwise might look unnatural and besides...If possible, I want to use this intel to my benefit.'

"I won't tell anyone either," Light chimes in simply as if he hadn't been agonizing over his decision mere moments ago, "So, what is it that you have to say?"

"I want to tell you both that I'm L," the man says, his voice falling to a barely audible whisper toward the end.

But Light heard him loud and clear, as did Shinoska.

'He's...This man...Is L?' The woman feels a chill run down her spine as the revelation hangs in the air. If what he says is true, then the man before her is nothing short of legendary. Despite his achievements, his identity has remained uncertain until...Now?

'He doesn't appear to be joking, but what reason do we have to believe him?' Shinoska wonders, questions piling up in her mind.

"If you are who you say you are, then you have nothing but my respect and admiration," Light says after a moment's pause.

"The same goes for me," Shinoska chimes in, internally admiring Light's ability to be respectfully suspicious.

"Thank you," L says simply, "The reason I've revealed my identity to you both is because I think your contributions could be of some help to us in the Kira investigation."