Y2V2: Time Draws Near

"8 seasons! I lived through 8 seasons of this! And they were just in friggin' purgatory! I wanted them to fight, like, a fog monster or something at least! That's a cop out," Kei ranted.

I turned in my chair and found her fuming at a show called 'LOST'.

"Is it that bad?"

Kei turned towards me in a snap, "Yes! The show's ending was garbage, now I feel like I wasted all my time. Kiyotaka, gimme a show to watch."

"Hmm... I'm blanking. Anyway, I need your help with something for my subject."

Kei walked over to my desk and leaned on the wall, waiting for me to continue.

"What's a need you have?" I asked.

"For shows I like to have good endings."

"Can you pick an easier one? Something that can help you inside school, something outside school. Think of a problem you currently have or had, and tell me it," I sighed.

Kei crossed her arms and looked up at the ceiling, pondering.

"Well, I had a dog. He was all over the place, you know? My mom tried to, like, keep a logbook or something to track all his stuff. Appointments, food times, all that stuff. And then I kinda.... lost the book."

She looked deeply embarrassed, her eyes fixed on the ceiling as she continued.

"I lost it during the time when it was pretty much my job to do everything for the dog, and I was kinda... well, screwed without it."

I don't usually get to hear much about Kei's home life, so this was interesting.

"Hmm, this sounds kind of rude... but is he-"

"Is he still alive? Yeah, dummy, he's only like 7," Kei giggled.

She struggled to keep track of his needs, huh? I suppose I could use that.

"What about something that tracks all of your pet's needs? It saves automatically so you'll never lose anything," I suggested.

"Wait... what's this for?"

"Software Development."

Kei put a finger to her chin, "Do I gotta, like, help out and stuff?"

"Yeah."

She sighed.

"Then you've gotta tell me that!" she pouted, "Has anyone ever told you your people skills suck?"

"Yes, you. Today, yesterday, last week, the week before that, and so on," I sighed.

"S-sorry..."

"Hmm, well, you're like my client. You give me jobs to do, and I'll do them. I have to design an app, pretty much. You are the person who has all the power on how it looks," I told her.

Kei's expression lit up at those words, "Cool, cool, cool. Hmm, how do I start?"

"Well, it's due at the end of May."

"Don't you usually do everything early like a good student?"

"I don't feel like it."

Kei giggled, "You're becoming exactly like me... I dunno if that's a good thing, though."

Neither do I.

"Yo, your phone's buzzing," Kei told me.

Going over to the coffee table in front of the couch, I opened my emails to find Chabashira having sent the details I requested.

"What's that?"

"Some footage of the chess game at the end of last year," I shrugged.

I'd have to cut most of this out since the move was near the end of the game.