Y2V3: Tsukishiro's Departure

I stood inside the principal's office and stared at the man across from me. He was looking calm, simply drinking his tea.

"What do you want?" I sighed.

Tsukishiro placed his teacup down on the saucer, "As you know, I'll be leaving soon."

"So since you're going, it's up to Ichika and me, huh?" I asked speculatively.

Soon, it's possible that I'll never see this man ever again.

Normally when I met face-to-face with him, I just wanted to get it over with. But now, I wanted to talk, just a little more.

"You've been doing some interesting things, haven't you, Yagami? You gave him the bounty information," Tsukishiro pointed out.

I shrugged, "You don't know that."

"Just testifying makes it obvious where your goals laid."

My eyes met his, and I let out a small sigh.

"Yeah, you're right. But honestly, that's nowhere near as bad as your actions. All that power, and you just wasted it."

Tsukishiro chuckled, "Now that I'm leaving, that sharp tongue of yours is really acting up. What an annoying kid."

"I'm not wrong.  You made too many mistakes. Either you're incompetent and the man who hired you is idiotic, or you did it on purpose," I said, letting the words set in for a second.

"Was it a test?"

Tsukishiro's eyes gleamed with amusement as he leaned forward slightly.

"I wonder. But, at the end of it all, it doesn't matter to you. My own existence is insignificant. There's only you and Ayanokouji having a competition to see who's more skilled."

His voice had this annoying, condescending undertone within it...

"Of course."

Tsukishiro's gaze was unyielding, "Is that the only reason? You could've asked me to simply step down."

"Like that'd ever work."

"Perhaps you're right," he remarked candidly, "Both of us have our own intentions. You abandoned your orders, putting it all on a battle with Ayanokouji. I'm sure that within your mind, it doesn't matter if you end up losing. Is that right? You wish to become the most valued, nothing else matters."

It seems like he did lots of analysing on me.

"Yeah, you're right. What, are you going to expel me now?"

Tsukishiro sighed, "Even if I wanted, I don't have the power for it. It's enough effort to keep myself safe when it comes to expelling Ayanokouji, expelling you when it isn't necessary is far too much."

His lips crept upward.

"Additionally, I want to see how far this confidence takes you."

I narrowed my eyes sharply.

"Did I hit a nerve? I apologise. Hmm, I just can't help but wonder what will happen between you two. Personally speaking, it's good data at the end of it all. Two generation toppers going against each other, who will win? Based on the data, Ayanokouji would."

"I think I'll be fine."

Tsukishiro's gaze shifted to his teacup, "Is that so? Do you really underestimate him that much?" he asked as he took another sip.

Underestimate?

"No, he's incredible, but I just don't think the bastard is invincible."

Tsukishiro chuckled, "I suppose it must be fate that brought you two together then."