Y2V2: Last-Minute Adjustments

It was Saturday evening right now, and so far, I hadn't done anything big. With it being midway through May, unfortunately, homework has reached its worst.

From what I've noticed so far, a when you've reached nearly a month into the semester, the homework reaches its peak. But it's also the worse then because you aren't entirely used to it yet after being in holiday mode for so long. 

Or maybe that just because all the people I usually talk to are busy. 

Still, at least someone answered my call.

"Want any tea, senpai?" Yagami asked me.

I shook my head, and Yagami just poured some for himself and sat down in front of me.

"You've really turned this place around," I told him.

In comparison to the usual, bare-bones dorm rooms people start with, this one felt very homely. Unlike mine, Yagami's dorm was one that felt like someone was living in it for at least 3 years. There were several things built already, like a bookshelf, a better desk, and more comfortable chair.

Oh to be in class B... 

I'm in class D, and my points also get halved each month, unfortunately.

Then again, I don't have a talent for interior design anyway.

"Oh, have I?" he chuckled awkwardly, "Well, it just seemed kinda dull. Anyway, why did you want to meet up with me? I doubt it was just for a friendly chat."

I nodded, "You see, there's one more testimony I need for the trial. Back in April, before class C had partnered with Ryuuen; Tsubaki and Utomiya were interested in me."

"Hmm, I see."

"One of the pieces of evidence against me was the fact that I planted a note inside a uniform of an employee who had worked at the butcher. The store had opened up back in the middle of March, so it was around the beginning of spring break. There had been a faulty lock at the store since the holidays had ended. And the only time I had gone there was when Tsubaki and Utomiya took me."

The only way for me to have known there were changing rooms and that uniforms were out in the open was if I had gone inside. And the only way to know that the lock was broken was also by going inside.

There must've been something.

"I see. So you suspect that one of those two were involved in something with Tsukishiro? But I find it difficult for them to agree if they did that so readily."

"But we don't know for sure, right? What if Tsukishiro used the threat of expulsion?" I asked.

Yagami took a sip of tea while he thought. After placing the cup back down, he nodded.

"I guess that's true. Did you go to me since I'm a first-year and can set up a meeting?"

Superb.

"Yes, that's what I needed from you. Is that possible?"

"It's a little late notice, but I do have Utomiya's contact information. It might be possible."

If the school had given me two weeks instead of one, things might've gone down much smoother, but that isn't the case. I have around a day and a half before the trial.

"I'll see what I can do, senpai."

"Thank you, Yagami."

The conversation had been drawing to a close, but there was something I needed to do first.

"Can I see your phone for a second, Yagami? I don't need it unlocked or anything."

He tilted his head in confusion, but pulled it out of his pocket and presented it to me.