Y2V4: The Highs and Lows of the Island Exam

I got out of my tent, finding Nanase already packing up her things. I guess I was a little lazy today, huh? But still, there's probably a reason she was awake so early.

"Senpai, they've been released," Nanase told me.

I sat down beside her on the warm grass. She tilted her tablet to show me the newly added 'group ranking' tab. There were two dropdown menus. A bottom 30 and a top 10.

"Let's look at those who are the bottom first."

Nanase nodded, clicking the downward arrow next to the heading.

Unveiling the groups, it was a little more varied than I was expecting. It was practically an even ratio currently.

Looking at the bottom 3 groups, the ones who were most in trouble, it was all third years. The lowest first-year group was in 12th last.

However, interestingly, the lowest second-year group was 6th from the bottom. A girl who was going solo, like many others in the bottom 25. She was in class A. I couldn't look up her OAA unfortunately, but it was fair to assume her overall ability wasn't incredibly high.

It looks like a lot's changed since I met up with Hashimoto yesterday. Alternatively, it could just be that the girl didn't notice how far behind she was. You were able to look at your own ranking, but you have to go through some menus that some may have forgotten about.

"Your classmates seem to be doing mostly fine, senpai," Nanase pointed out.

It's true. There were only two people who were in the bottom 25 for us, but they were 22nd and 24th, so with some luck and a bit more hard work they'd be fine.

I wonder where Airi would've placed if she had to go at it alone.

"I can't say the same for yours, though," I told Nanase.

5 people from class 1-D were in the bottom 25. That 12th last was a first year student in class D, and the other 4 weren't that far off from him. There were some other second-years as well, such as 3 from Ichinose's and 4 from Ryuuen's, but they were all near the upper bound, so they'd be fine most likely.

The difference in points from 25 to 30 was only 7 points. One first-place Early Bird bonus and things would change drastically.

"I'll see the top 10 now."

Nanase closed the bottom 30 and unveiled the groups within the top 10.

Mostly it was 3rd years, from placements 10-6th.

First place was, naturally, Nagumo. Second was Kiriyama, who was in a small group of 3.

Third place was...

"Yagami," I muttered as I read his name on the screen.

95 points, superb.

4th place was Koenji with 85. Once again, not an immensely difficult gap to fill.

5th was, surprisingly, Ichinose and Ryuuen, possessing 73 points.

As for me, I was sitting on a decent 66 points. The difference between me and 5th was not wide.

"Nanase, I'll be rushing for points and tasks today, are you ready?" I asked her.

Currently, we were in H5, in wait for the first designated area of the day.

"I expect no less from you, senpai. I'll do my best to follow," Nanase declared.

The notification popped up.

H6.

"See you."

I dashed there, leaving Nanase behind without paying her a glance. I dashed through the trees, traversing the slippery slopes with ease.