Y2V4: Day 1

The students dashed off, trying to get to their designated area. It was like a sea of red invaded the forest. The boy who was once next to me also moved forward, not paying me a glance.

D9 to D7, that was the goal, huh?

It's around 750 metres away from me, so it wouldn't even take ten minutes to reach the goal. However, the problem with it is that I can only get the one-point arrival bonus. The Early Bird is long gone by now.

I began to walk, my feet leaving the sand of the shore and feeling the hard dirt.

If I had to say what my strategy was, it would be akin to a battery. I leave the starting point, and the battery runs. I go and do tasks, reach areas, and by the time my food and water have run out, I go back to the starting area and charge.

I moved into the forest, the dense greenery coming with a high humidity. Traversing through this space was much more difficult than last year.

Sharper turns, sloppier slopes, overgrown trees. At least I had a map on me at all times, unlike last year. I saw students pass me one by one, the first years, the second years, and eventually, after some time, the third years.

"Ah, Ayanokouji, pleasure to see you again."

Turning around, I spotted a familiar face. Nagumo Miyabi, standing alongside his group. He approached me, a friendly smile present.

"You're sure taking you're time... Unless, this is your area?"

I shook my head, "No, it's only a little bit further. There's no point trying to run there since the Early Bird bonus is already gone, right?"

"Hmm, I see. I suppose that makes sense, but don't be too lazy. It'd be quite dissapointing if I found you in the bottom 25 on day 4," he stated wryly.

"I could say the same to you, senpai. You seem quite carefree as well."

He chuckled, "Ah, no, this is my area. Besides, 5 minutes in and I'm already treated like I can't do well? Why so little faith? Can't I have a pleasant conversation with my favourite junior?"

You treated me just like that 10 seconds ago...

"You're right, I'd be surprised if someone even got close to you if you actually tried."

His eyes gleamed with amusement.

"I hope to see you on the podium, Ayanokouji."

He turned back to his group, and I went inside my first designated area of the day. Grabbing my tablet out of my bag and turning it on, I looked at the map. It was like one of those 'hyper-futuristic' science fiction themes with a navy blue and light blue theme. 

Hmm, there were red dots all over the place, but realistically, there were only 4 I could reach right now.

Grip strength, Geography, English and fire making.

Hmm, someone like Ike is probably doing well on the 4th one. Although since he's in Sudo's group, they'd likely go to the grip strength area if they could.

Only one place to go for me, huh?

When it comes to sprinting, the goal is to put as much force into the ground as possible.

Usain Bolt's running form was something I tried to copy to its most minute detail. But besides his form, he was able to put 4 times his body weight into the ground.

To make each stride a calculated burst of energy was the essence. That was how to accelerate.

With no time at all, I reached my destination.