Y2V4: Judgement Day

Day 9.

Every single group approached the starting point. Some had begun doing so the previous night, depending on where they were. All those who were part of a group had their first designated area of the day taken away, as well. They couldn't gain, but also couldn't lose points.

The beach with a sparkling blue ocean in the backside was lined with several black tents. Some were big enough for only two people, others had room for six. And on top of each tent was a label taped onto the fabric.

As time grew closer to 9 a.m., every single group had finally arrived.

"Ah, Shibata, I haven't seen you for a while!" Ichinose greeted.

"Oh, 'sup, Ichinose. Man, you sure got here late, huh?" Shibata chuckled.

"Well, that was because of... someone."

A magenta-haired boy strode towards the two, "Your partner in the exam is me, no point in trying to be vague, dumbass," Ryuuen complained.

Ichinose turned to face him, letting out a bitter sigh, "I was trying to be nice. Also, rude."

"I agree with her, Ryuuen," a girl with silver hair added.

Ryuuen eyed the girl speculatively. He crossed his arms and let out a small smile.

"You can both agree, I don't really care. So, how's the exam been, Shiina?"

Hiyori placed her hand in front of her mouth, letting out a small yawn, "Tiring. I didn't think we'd be walking this much, I prefer last year's where we stayed on the beach the entire time."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot you guys just partied last time," Shibata muttered, "How did you even get jet skis? And you only used it for, like, 2 days anyway."

Ryuuen shrugged, "No idea, it was fun though. Hey, if the school's offering, you take it. Simple as that."

Shibata nodded, "I respect it."

Ichinose shot him a glance, a small smile present on her face.

"What? Are you really saying that if you were given the chance to go on a jetski, you wouldn't take it?"

Ichinose giggled, "Okay, fine! Yes, I did want to go on one."

A sharp sound was sent around the beach, leading every student to turn their heads towards the source.

"Alright, it's 9 now, so we're going to begin with the explanation. All groups that arrive past this point will be instantly considered eliminated," Sakagami began.

Harsh words, but ones that were expected.

"We would like there to be a line for each group. When you meet with the staff member, tell them the members of your group, and you will receive a slip of paper. Go to the tent with the same details as your slip and then the special event will begin."

A standard beginning so far.

Sakagami let out a small sigh as he looked at his clipboard.

"Now, within each tent, you all must come to a unanimous decision. Your time limit is until 12 p.m. today. If it does go on that long, you won't be penalised for missing all those designated areas, but I hope you will come to a decision faster than that. As I'm sure you're aware, there is one other app on your tablets which isn't present on the solo participants' tablets. You needed a code to access it, and that code will be on the back of that piece of paper you receive from the staff member."

The students began to grow uneasy. There was a striking question on everyone's minds, and it swam in a pool of tension.

"To avoid one student simply forcing a decision by snatching another's tablet, there will be a camera inside each tent that records both audio and visual. If it does get damaged in any way, the student who damaged it gets eliminated."