Chapter 1: In the End Part 1

To bring in the new year. I created the first two chapters of my ZEXAL story along with GX. Enjoy!

In some unknown building, someone was going to work on a computer. With one tap on a screen.

Crashbug X: Bug? A digital duel monster

???: [eerie laughter] Time to go viral. Multiple Crashbug's appeared and flooded the network. Crash? Bug! The Crashbug's shows up in a street light. Buggy, buggy, buggy, buggy!

One after another, all street lights were acting erratic causing traffic jams and car crashes.

Robot: Re-initializing. Trash identified.

Grandma: What a nice...ahh...ahh...ahh! The Litter Bots began picking people off the streets. What is the meaning of this? Put me down at once!

Crashbug X: Crashbug! Crashbug! Crashbugabugabug! Crashbug!

Elsewhere...

Yuma: Didn't I tell you to get lost already, Astral?

Astral: You did, but I do not understand what you mean by that. How can one consciously get lost? If I go somewhere, I will know where I am.

Yuma: It's a figure of speech. It means, "beat it, leave, go away!"

Astral: I can't until you and Kai gather the Numbers.

Yuma: What about you!? What do I have to do with anything, why do I have to gather your dumb numbers?

Kai: Yuma, come on. Can't you go two minutes without getting into a fight with Astral?

Cologne: Your friend is as stubborn as a donkey.

Yuma: What was that!?

Kai: Don't antagonize him!

Bronk: There those two go again. Having another argument with themselves.

Tori: Maybe there is an invisible duelist following him around.

Yuma: I know you're not a dog, it's just an expression! Aww never mind, forget this! Yuma walks off in a huff.

Tori: Or maybe not. Maybe they just fell on their head.

Astral: Observation #3; When asked to do something, humans behave erratically.

Yuma: Stop using big words!

Kari: [screaming]

Yuma: That sounded like my sister. Yuma and his friends run inside to check on her. What's going on, Kari?

Kari: My research, my transcripts, my big scoop. Some kind of bug just wiped out my computer.

Yuma: Okay, let's try to stay calm.

Kari: My deadline is tomorrow. She said about to lose.

Kai: Uh, Yuma...

Yuma: Mt. Kari's about to blow.

Tori: We might wanna get outta here.

Kari: Hey, Yuma! Go find me a new scoop! Or else! She screamed.

Yuma: How does Kari expect me to find her a scoop? And why hasn't traffic moved in like, ten minutes?

Bronk: Uh, nothing is moving. Look at the monorail.

Tori: Something's going on.

Kai: Cologne.

Cologne: It's not a duel monster spirit. Something else is going on.

Yuma: Do you guys hear that? Hey, check it out. The vending machine's tossing out juices all by itself! Yuma said with a smile.

Tori: Wait a second, Yuma. You can't take those, you didn't pay for them! And you too, Kai? She said seeing Kai drinking one.