Chapter 3: Flipping Out Part 1

In the Heartland City, a certain store was having a sale.

Store owner: Come and get it everyone! Tasty snacks and treats for sale. They won't last long.

Flip: Half off? Hmm, let's see here. Mm-hmm, and this one? Yep! They're all half price, but that's only half the story. This foods so cheap because it's past its expiration date! He revealed as all the shoppers put the food they picked up back in disgust.

Store owner: Kid, what are you doing? You're costing me money! He shouted.

Flip: I'm just telling the other side of things! Everything has two sides, just like in a duel, there's a winner and a loser.

Store owner: Then bring it on, kid! The duel begins. Kai happened to pass by and see what was happening.

Kai: Huh?

Flip: And now I play the Trap card, Ultra C!

Store owner: What, Ultra C?

Flip: Yep and next I summon Grenosaurus! His monster attacks.

(Store owner: LP: 1800-0)

Flip: That's for trying to pull one over on us! Course the truth is, the food had no expiration date to begin with! He says taking lollipop. 'That's life for ya. For every up, there's a down. For every yes, there's a no. Every coin has two sides.' Flip sees Toru eating a lollipop with a friend. 'Otherwise put, everything has its flip side.' He passes the girls by and they realize their candy is upside down.

Girl A: Weird. But Tori realized who was responsible.

Tori: Hey! You!

Flip: 'And I get by in this world by exposing that side!'

Litter Bot: Trash identified.

Flip: 'On everything I come across!' The robot flips over.

Litter Bot: Error! Malfunction!

Flip: Make that everything and everyone. Like him. Flip looks up to see Yuma run by. Yuma Tsukumo.

Yuma: Gotta hurry, grandma won't be happy if I'm late for manicotti Monday! Astral looks down to see Flip, and the dark aura around him.

Astral: That boy...

Flip: Yuma is infamous for being a terrible duelist. Yet he defeated Shark, a duelist so good he made it to the nationals. There is definitely a flip side to that coin. And with the help of this, I'm gonna find it out. I'll give Yuma this little guy in exchange for a duel. And then I'll learn what I need to know!

At Heartland academy...

Bronk: Astral?

Yuma: Yup. That's what he says he wants me to call him.

Bronk: And he's here now?

Yuma: Of course he's here, Bronk. He's here all the time. And to be honest, it can be quite awkward. Especially when I wake up with him hovering over me.

Flip: Duel time.

Yuma: And another thing, keep it down when I'm sleeping, would ya?

Astral: Oh, please. You snorer!

Yuma: What? Am not!

Kai: Come on, you two. Let's not do this so early in the morning. Kai said trying to defuse the situation.

Tori: Do ya think we should leave?

Bronk: Yes, very slowly.

Flip: Yuma! Flip runs up to Yuma. Hey, Yuma? How's it going, buddy?