Chapter 16: It's in the Cards Part 1

Somewhere in an unknown location, two duelists were dueling. And one of them seemed to be having trouble.

Fortuno: Your fate has been sealed. It is useless to try to write what has already written in the stars many years ago. You believed that you would achieve greatness but you're nothing more than a pawn in a game beyond your comprehension. And now you will give that which I seek.

Man: This, isn't over! Number 16: Shockmaster! Attack! His monsters charges, but Fortuno simply chuckled as the Number card is destroyed. Hey, who are you? Tell me!

Fortuno: You need not worry your hapless self who I am, but who I have sworn allegiance to.

Man: And who's that?

Fortuno: I serve the pleasure of my great master, Kite. It is for him that I take not only your Number card, but your very being! Fortuno takes away the man's Number. Your bidding has been done my master. Another Number card has been obtained.

At Heartland Academy, Yuma was amped up after receiving his new cards from the Duel Sanctuary

Yuma: Look out, world, cause here comes Yuma! That's right! Someone powered up his deck! Boom! How do you feel today, my awesome little darlings? Fell like getting out there and taking some fools down?!

Kai: Well, someone's excited. Right, Astral? Kai looked to see Astral looking a bit down.

Yuma: Why do you look so blue?

Astral: I suppose it is just my pigmentation. Or perhaps, something to do with light refraction.

Kai: Uh, that's not what he meant.

Yuma: I mean, why do you look so sad?

Tori: Hey, Yuma!

Yuma: What's up, guys!

Tori: Something is going down. That's what's up. Come on, we need to have a serious chat!

Yuma: This doesn't sound good. They head to a more hidden location to talk. Whaa! Yuma said as he looked at several pictures of people who looked like they aged rapidly. What happened to these people!?

Bronk: Nobody knows much!

Caswell: They all went missing at one point and ever since they were found, they seemed to have aged or something and they just stare off into space and—

Bronk: Drool! They're like zombies!

Caswell: Yuma, Kai, these people only have one thing in common. They're duelists.

Bronk: And before they went missing, every single one of them had found a Number card!

Yuma: Seriously?

Kai: 'Hmm. These people must have been hunter down by Kite. Guess it was wishful thinking to think he'd stop after our duel.'

Caswell: In the end, Yuma, Kai, since you both possess Number cards, it's stands to reason that you are both in danger.

Yuma: Naah! I'm sure it's just a big co-inky-dink! Anyone do the math homework?

Tori: You're hiding something! What do you guys know!? Are Number cards, like, you know, dangerous?

Yuma: I dunno. Why would they be?

Tori: Don't play dumb!

Yuma: I, uh, I gotta go to the bathroom! Yuma said running off.

Bronk: Wait up! Bronk and Caswell chase him.

Tori: What's he hiding? Kai, do you know anything? Kai simply walks away without a word. Kai.