Chapter 19: Battle with the Bot

At night in Heartland City, a robbery was taking place.

Security Voice: Duel clearance achieved. All security systems disabled. The glass for all the jewelry goes down.

Litterbot: Commence operation clean house. A whole group of Litterbots show up. Clean house, clean house clean house, clean house, clean house

Goda: Yeah, right on time. A man in a car said waiting for their return.

Litterbot: The house has been spotlessly cleaned.

Goda: Let's roll! He drives quickly, but failed to notice one was trying to catch up.

Lillybot: You forgot me. You forgot me. She ran ahead to get Goda's attention. Hello. Hello. Do not leave me behind! Lillybot looks ahead and spots a duck and her babies. Uh oh! Lillybot jumps in front of the car to save them.

Goda: Whoa! Goda slams right into Lillybot, knocking her into the river. Blast it!

[Sirens]

The police close in and Goda speeds off to avoid capture. Lillybot floats down the river with the ducks safely in her mouth.

The next day...

Female Announcer: Now accepting applicants for the World Duel Carnival! Do you have what it takes?

Yuma: How come I only feel the flow during duels and never on days when there's a pop quiz?

Tori: Maybe cuz you duel more than you study!

Yuma: Oh yeah, well, not if you count studying dueling!

Kai: I doubt it. You'd probably flunk that too. They all look down and spot a baby duck chirping frantically.

Tori: What's wrong little guy? Tori picks it up. He must've got separated from his mom. They then spot a Litterbot and two more baby ducks.

Yuma: A Litterbot? Why's he lying down on the job? They go down to investigate. Hey, are you okay?

Tori: It's like they're trying to tell us something. Yuma takes a closer look and sees a duck poke out of the Litterbot's mouth. Whoa! What's that!

Tori: Open it and see! Yuma forces the mouth open and the mother duck jumps out.

Bronk: That solves the mystery of where mom is.

Tori: How cute

Kai: Still though, What's a Litterbot doing here anyway?

Yuma: Yeah, ya gotta point there. Yuma takes out some circuitry. Let's see here, I think this should do it.

Kai: Do what exactly?

Yuma: I dunno. Something I hope.

Bronk: You sure you know what you're doing here?

Yuma: Of course I don't.

Kai: Let me handle this. Kai looks through the machinery and spots a red cord. Hmm. I need something to keep it together.

Tori: Here use this. My hair clip.

Kai: Thanks. Kai uses the clip to keep the red cords together. This suddenly activates the Litterbot as it jumps up.

Lillybot: Rebooting, rebooting. It suddenly picks Yuma up.

Yuma: Let - go - please!

Lillybot: Trash identified, trash identified.

Bronk: Yeah I'd say it's working just fine now, wouldn't ya agree, Yuma!

Yuma: I'll agree to anything just get this thing to let me go! Yuma shouts.

As they were waking home, Yuma heard something.