Chapter 15: A Destined Duel

The next day after, dueling Mizuki, Kai lied in his bed contemplating what Mizuki told him.

I believe you are ready. To hunt the Hunter. 

Kai: Hunting Kite down.

Cologne: That's easier said than done. Cologne said hovering over Kai. We have Numbers, but it's not like he'll just show up.

Kai: But still, Kite is a problem. Just think about it, right now he could hunting down another Number. And taking the soul of the person who has it. Kai thought back to the man from mall. I can't just do nothing while he's hurting people. After school today, you and me are going Kite hunting.

Cologne: I'm all for that! Cologne agreed. Kai ran downstairs where he was greeted by his relatives.

Chisa: Morning, Kai. The boy starts chowing down at a quick pace. Uh...

Kai: Thank you! Kai said finishing his meal and bolting out the door.

Sai: Well, he's certainly enthusiastic today.

At school, Kai did his work quickly. So quickly, that his friends were getting worried.

Bronk: Uh, Kai? Everything okay? You seem kinda...in a rush.

Kai: Uh, sorry. I'm just trying to do everything on time.

Tori: Why?

Kai: I gotta get somewhere...yeah! Suddenly, Kai got a message on his duel gazer. Huh? Kai pulled it out and read it. "Meet me here after school." Kai couldn't be sure, but he suspected it was Mizuki.

Elsewhere....

Mr. Heartland: As usual, Kite is performing at great pace. He's gathering Numbers and taking names.

Nistro: I still say I should be out there too. Nistro said annoyed. I'm sure I could nab a whole bunch of those Numbers.

Dextra: Why bother? You'll just get distracted and forget all about them. Dextra said.

Nistro: Oh, please! I'd definitely get more than you, Dextra.

Mr. Heartland: Now now, there's no need for you to bicker. The Numbers will all be gathered soon enough. Until then, we need to be patient.

Nistro: Ugh! I hate being patient. Just then, Kite enters the room.

Mr. Heartland: Ah, Kite. Back from hunting?

Orbital: Y-Yep! Master Kite captured a few more N-Number cards.

Kite: Is Hart here?

Mr. Heartland: Not at the moment. He's doing his job as usual, sad to say. Annoyed, Kite prepares to leave.

Kite: Then I'm heading out. Come on, Orbital.

Orbital: Aye, aye, sir!

Nistro: Hmph!

As school let out, Kai headed to the coordinates that was sent to him. He was just a bit, surprised by the locale.

Kai: Uh...

Cologne: Is this....Kai and his partner stood outside a restaurant.

Kai: I guess we should go in. Kai enters the establishment and spots Mizuki at the counter, eating. Uh, hey Mizuki.

Mizuki: Glad you could make it.

Kai: So, what'd you call me for? Do you have any new info on Kite?

Mizuki: No. She bluntly said.

Kai: Then why'd you message me?

Mizuki: For lunch. She said leaving Kai totally shocked. He eventually went with and sat down to eat. He ordered some curry.