Chapter 9: The Pack Part 1

At Heartland Academy, Yuma and Kai were engaged in a duel.

Kai: Here we go Yuma! I summon Wind-Up Warrior! (ATK: 1200)

Yuma: Should have stayed in your toy box, cause Gagaga Magician's comin' for ya!

Caswell: I must admit, sometimes Yuma confounds me. If I suffered the epic fail that he just experienced against Shark, I'd seriously consider hanging up my duel disk for good.

Kai: I play Overwind! Which doubles my Warrior's ATK. (ATK: 1200-2400)

Yuma: Oh no. It's gaining more power?

Caswell: Perhaps in the end, Yuma simply doesn't have any pride.

Kai: Wind-Up Warrior, attack Gagaga Magician! Wind-Up Punch!

(Yuma: LP: 600-0)

Caswell: That's twenty losses in a row.

Yuma: Nice bait N' switch, Kai. I did not see that Trap card coming! C'mon, one more time!

Caswell: You still feel like dueling?

Yuma: Of course! What future duel champion doesn't feel like dueling? Kai watched Yuma. Even though he was hyper and cheerful as always, Kai knew something was up with him. C'mon, bring it on!

Kai: Let's call it a day. We can pick up tomorrow. Kai suggested as he started heading home.

Yuma: Oh, well. Looks like you're up, Caswell. Bust out your deck and let's do this!

Tori: Kai, hey wait up. What's wrong?

Kai: What do you mean?

Tori: It's Yuma.

Bronk: Listen, I don't like what Yuma's turning into. That duel. Yuma promised he wouldn't use a Number card, but he did. He went back on his word. And that's not right!

Kai: If you wanna be angry at someone, by angry at me. I told Yuma to use his Numbers.

Bronk: You did?

Kai: The whole point of that duel was to help Shark, not to keep some ridiculous promise.

Bronk: It doesn't matter if it was ridiculous or not! You don't break promise just cause you're losing!

Kai: So? What are you gonna do? Turn your back on him? That just proves you were always a terrible friend.

Bronk: Ah!

Tori: Oh!

Kai: Yuma did break a promise and I understand that it upsets you. But if that's all it takes for you to turn your back on him, then you can just stop being friends with him. Bronk was shocked to hear Kai say that. Might be for the best. Yuma needs friends he can actually count on to have his back when he's not himself. Or can you even tell? Kai walks off leaving Bronk to contemplate.

Tori: Kai....

Bronk:...

Meanwhile, at the arcade...

Thug 1: Haha, denied!

Thug 2: Nice move!

Thug 3: Haha, gotcha!

Weasel: Hey Shark. You want next game?

Shark: No thanks. Shark then leaves the arcade. I'm outta here. Weasel then goes to meet with the leaders.

Weasel: That new fish is getting on my last nerve. He acts like he's so much better than me and the rest of the boys!

Scorch: Just deal with it, Weasel. Cause that new fish is worth a lot more to us than you're ever gonna be. We didn't like Shark start running with the pack because we like his winning personality. We let him start running with us because we like his winning. And if he wins for us, we can takedown whoever we want.