Chapter 11: The Number Hunter Part 1

Yuma, Kai and Tori were currently at the mall where a crime was taking place.

Female Reporter: We're here at the city shopping center where an unknown individual has blockaded all the access point to the top floor. We understand that...

Litterbot: Trash identified, Trash identified... A Litterbot came crashing onto the ground.

Criminal: Now you're trash? Dumb litterbot!

Litterbot: Don't forget to recycle.

Yuma: Hey, watch it up there!

Criminal: For the last time, make good on my demands or the hostages are gonna get it! I'm warnin' ya, I mean business! The clock's ticking!

Female Reporter: And so the stand off continues. It's unclear if authorities are planning to meet his demands of money and a helicopter. We will see.

Yuma: Oh man! Not good! Suddenly, Yuma's duel gazer goes off. He answers it.

Kari: Yuma! You're at the shopping mall right now, aren't you?

Yuma: Are you saying I'm goofing off at the mall instead of doing my homework? How dare you!

Tori: You are.

Yuma: Zip it! And do you know how I know she's right? Cuz I'm watching you right now live on TV!

Kai: Uh, Yuma? Kai grabbed his attention and pointed at a screen that showed the three of them.

Yuma: Busted.

Kari: Now go find out what's going on so I get a scoop!

Yuma: People say it's tough being a reporter. Well they should try being a brother.

Criminal: Quit stalling or you'll be sorry!

Yuma: Who is this guy? Kai noticed something on the man's shoulder.

Kai: No way! Look at his arm! The Number 56 was on the mans shoulder.

Astral: It is a Number.

Yuma: So this bandit has a Number card! I need a closer look! Comin' through.

Kai: One side people!

Tori: Wait!

Outside the mall, a young man accompanied by a robot stood and watched.

Kite: Number confirmed. Time to spread our wings.

Orbital: Y-You got it, Boss! Kite jumps off the building as Orbital latches onto his back and turns into a jet pack.

Kite: Let the hunt begin!

Yuma: Watch your back! Yuma and Kai rush past the civilians

Man A: Hey, look up there!

Man B: Looks like a glider or something!

Man C: Whoa, check it out! Yuma and Kai see the man in question.

Criminal: Hey! Times up! Where's my Helicopt-what!? Suddenly, Kite Burt's through the ceiling window. Then everything and everyone stops moving.

Kai: Yuma, did you see that?! Huh? Kai then noticed everyone not moving.

Yuma: What's going on? Everyone's frozen!

Astral: No, Time is frozen.

Kai: What?!

Yuma: But how can that be?!