Chapter 18: Roots of the Problem

It was another day in Heartland City and Yuma and Astral were dueling a Number card user.

Man: I overlay three level Giant Germs! And these Germs are gonna make you feel sick cause now I can build the overlay network!

Bronk: He's gonna Xyz summon with them!

Kai: Watch out, Yuma!

Man: Now appear, Number 96: Dark Mist!

Kai: Wait, only 100 ATK?

Tori: Is that right? He's so big!

Yuma: Yep, and the bigger they are, the harder they fall!

Kai: Hang on, Yuma! This could be a trap!

Astral: Kai is right, we must be careful.

Yuma: Careful schmareful, attack, Utopia!

Kai: No, wait!

Yuma: Cut right through that mist! Go, Rising Sun Slash! Utopia destroys the monster.

(Man: LP: 1000-0)

Yuma: I did it! I won! Yuma cheers, however Kai wasn't so excited. And to the victor go the spoils. Or in this case, the number 96! Astral retrieves the Number and was met with a vision of destruction.

Tori: Way to duel, yuma!

Yuma: Yeah, I got skills that give the chills!I'm tellin' you guys, these days, no one can beat me! I'm not just feeling the flow, I am the flow!

Tori: Wow, you sure are confident.

Kai: A bit too confident for my liking. Try a little humility, Yuma?

Yuma: Humility? C'mon, be serious.

Kai: I am being serious! If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't know the difference between Monster Reborn and Monster Reincarnation! I thought we were a team!

Yuma: Well, now I'm a solo act! And I never needed you anyhow. This got Kai riled up as he grabbed Yuma by the collar.

Kai: Sometimes you have a really big mouth!

Yuma: No, you do! He said stretching Kai's cheeks.

Kai: I meant figuratively!

Yuma: Well I mean literally!

Tori: Would you knock it off!

Yuma: No, but I'll knock Kai's block off!

Kai: I dare you!

The next day, whenever Yuma and Kai ran into each other, they'd always try to ignore eachother.

Yuma: Duel period! Now, who to throw down with...Yuma spots Kai and the two look away in a huff.

Tori: 'Boys will be boys. Or in this case, babies.'

In the Golden Key, Cologne and Astral were examining the new Number.