Chapter 8: Shark Attack

Inside the golden-key, Astral and Cologne were navigating the interior of the strange ship inside. Cologne presented the Number 83, which caused the ship to move.

Astral: This gear puzzle seems to move every time one of the 99 missing. But why? Could it have something to do with my memory loss? Could solving this puzzle also solve my amnesia? And what does Yuma have to do with it all? Why is this apparatus inside his key?

Cologne: We can stand here talking about this all day. But it won't answer anything. One thing at a time, Astral.

Astral: Perhaps you are right.

Outside the key, Yuma and Kai were waiting for the light to change.

Yuma: Aw, nuts! I hate running late at a crosswalk!

Kai: Don't worry so much, Yuma. The light changes, allowing them to cross. Yuma charges to the other side. However, Kai saw a vehicle heading his way. Yuma, look out! Kai pulled his friend back as it narrowly missed. That was close!

Yuma: Yeah. Hey! Red means...Yuma was about to yell, but he realized who almost ran him over. Shark!

Kai: Huh? Kai looked up to see him. 'Ah! Reginald!?'

Yuma: 'Wonder what he's been up to since our last duel.' Shark drives away without a word. Well, guess he's not stopping.

Kai: Hmm. Kai then looked up and saw the light change. Yuma, run! Kai shouted as he grabbed his friend's hand and the two make a break for the other side.

Yuma: And neither are these cars! They arrive at Heartland Academy. We made it! He said exhausted.

Caswell: 'Fraid not. Caswell said startling Yuma. You're late, Yuma. Big time.

Kai: What are you talking about, Caswell? Caswell grabs Yuma's deck and looks through it.

Caswell: Hmm, you are. Quite.

Yuma: Late how?

Caswell: Late in what's up with those Number cards you play with.

Yuma: Ye...Kai pulls Yuma close so they can talk in private.

Kai: it's probably for the best they know as little about the Numbers as possible.

Yuma: hmm. good call. Yuma agrees then turns back to Caswell. If you mean why they're not in my deck right now, that's a no-brainer.

Caswell: It is?

Tori: It is! They're only around when Astral's around. Tori explained.

Yuma & Kai: Geh! The two flinch when Tori says that.

Caswell: And who is Astral? You know what, it doesn't matter. In the end, it's clear why you're hiding them away. Because they're your secret weapon, what lets you win all the time.

Yuma: Hey, that's not true at all. Sure I have some good cards but the reason I win my matches is because I'm a good duelist!

Caswell: Yeah, sure it is. Come on, you could never have beaten Shark or Flip without 'em, tell me I'm wrong.

Yuma: Hello! I told ya you were wrong, but if ya want me to tell ya again, no problem. You are wrong, wrong, wrong-wrong-wrong-wrong!

Tori: Wow, six "wrongs!"

Bronk: I'd have gone seven just to be sure.

Kai: Calm down, Yuma.

Tori: Yeah. Plus seven is a lucky number so there's that.

Caswell: Look, you can say 'wrong' a hundred times, but I think we both know these just one way to settle this.

Yuma: A duel! You got it. I'll take on anyone you want and beat em without using a single one of my Number cards.