Chapter 1

Looking onto New York while sunrise I realised that today's everything is going to change.

I didn't sleep all night, my mind kept on replaying the scenario of  the truck racing into the car my parents, my older sister and me were sitting in. I was the only one who survived.

It's been far too long since the last time we were in the car, listening to Kiss and singing along, my dad loved Kiss. I cried a lot in the last days, I thought a lot about the last few days i spent with my parents. All the last times that haunt me in my sleep, looking back its rather cruel knowing I will never experience the feeling of being as complete as before. But at least I have Jackie.

"Y/n come on we have to get going"
Jackie pulled me out of my thoughts. She's the only one i have left, except for my uncle but he's not as much family as they were. Actually Jacky and I have always been attached to the hip, no matter how different we are. She is this goody two shoes Rory Gilmore copy, and I'm just her lazy twin.

She's always keeping me busy these days, "Yes, don't stress out, were 20 minutes early I would rather spent 20 minutes here than at the airport"

"And if we get into traffic we will need these 20 minutes."

"Oh my, how are we related again. You really need to calm down."

At the airport I tried to look out for the read headed friend of my mum, but seems like Jackie was faster
"I think I can see them, come on y/n"

Still tired because I didn't sleep all night  my brain wasn't able to recognise anyone in the crowd,
"Are you sure it would be quite embarrassing if they aren't the Walter's"

Before we could even approach them they already spotted us and walked towards us.
The woman was definitely the one and only Katherine my mum used to talk about. I only met her once at the funereal of, .. well everyone.

"Hey girls it's so nice to finally meet you properly"
I didn't really manage to answer cause all the memories of mum telling me stories about the two of them flooded through my head. So Jackie took the opportunity to answer.
"Yes, it is"
Wow, great Jackie. Maybe i should say something but what? This is worse than I imagined, I did expect this whole living with literal strangers as awkward but this is another level.

I didn't really speak until we arrived at an old farm, but i noticed Jackie reading about the accident of our family. Well I did answer a few questions about the flight, but it was a rather strange feeling driving with my new legal guardians. The worst thing is my research about the next ice skating hall being five hours away proved to be right, no opportunities for skating as far as my eyes reach.

The farm looks kind of cozy, there are horses grass and a lot of trees, just as expected. I'm already missing my home.
George was going to take care of our bags while Katherine received a call. Just as we approached the porch a tan boy nearly killed us with the help of his skate board. "Watch out"
I managed to take a step back just in time.

"Hi, I'm Danny"

"Jackie, and this is y/n"

I gave him a quick wave but kept on following Katherine

I wanna go home, I could already hear all the noise inside. Katherine smiled warmly at us, "Wanna go in?"

"Sure" I just nodded at Jackies response, fighting the urge to say anything like No thank you I'll just make myself comfortable in the backyard. But that's something only the old me would say.

Looking at the house inside I noticed that the house is bigger than it looked from the outside, there was a little boy running around and a guy with a big ass camera that's gigantic in comparison to his head.