Chapter 6

As we were walking to the sheep field we both carried the bottles of milk for the three baby sheep. George decided to give them some extra milk since they're quite weak after being born in late summer.

I was concentrating on what to say to Isaac after yesterday's drama I didn't notice a stone on the floor and tripped. Luckily the milk bottles didn't get harmed but I felt defeated.

He rolled his eyes "Open your eyes while walking, or at least pay attention to the ground you're walking on." after he didn't receive an answer he spoke up again "come on get up, there's a lot to do today"
Still no answer, "y/n?"

I heard him walking closer until he stood above me and noticed the tears in my eyes. He had a regretful expression on his face, but I appreciated the fact that it wasn't the look people loved to throw at me all the time because they felt "sorry for my loss".

He sat down next to me, after a moment I felt comfortable enough to speak "I can't do this anymore" 
I kept on looking up into the sky as tears flooded out of my eyes "..everything"

He cleared his voice, "Hey, if it's because of the book I-"

"No. I pretend I don't care, But it's quietly tearing me apart."

I felt his hand brushing against mine as he laid down next to me. This was when I realised that I'm doing it again. Something about Isaac Garcia made me spill all my thoughts again. 

"I'm in a similar situation. It's not half as bad as yours,
but when my mum left us.. I felt a little bit like you do right now." He let out a deep breath

"How did you manage to... recover?"

He sat up again, I could feel him looking at "Who said I ever recovered? But isn't the real question if it's even possible to recover from something like this?"

I finally turned my head so I could look at him "Do you wanna talk about it?"

His gaze shifted towards the ground, "I always feel like I have to protect Lee, I know how sensitive he is, especially since she left us. Well, my dad, Lee and I never recovered from her leaving us. But let's just say that the wounds were just about to heal when my dad got deployed. Now that we temporarily lost him too, the wound is even bigger. As the tougher twin I feel like I can't really talk to Lee about .. this topic."

I answered him with a sad smile "I guess we're both the tougher twin. I can relate."

He extended his hand for me to grab, "I guess it's you and me then, Olaf"

I guess this was the first time I ever passed him a genuine smile, well for a matter of fact it was my first genuine smile in forever.
I hesitantly took his hand and he helped me up. We picked up the bottles from the floor and went to the sheep.

We calmly sat next to each other in the grass, in front of us were the baby sheep eagerly drinking out of the bottles we fed them with.
During the feeding I kept on stealing glances at the black haired boy next to me, and as I did I noticed him doing the same.

But this time he didn't look away as I was looking at him. His dark brown eyes locked with mine.

But the silence faded as he spoke up "It was nice talking to you. Maybe we I could help you, I know what it's like, the feeling of being torn apart in quietness, with no one noticing."

I raised one eyebrow "What about the enemies thing?" I said as I stroked the baby sheep in front of me.

He sighed "Give me a second" the boy pulled out his phone and aggressively typed something in.

I furrowed my brows "Wtf Isaac" I said calmly

"One second, okay here" I was able to glance at his phone and realised that he searched for something with Google