Chapter 11

And he really did take a nap. Well, it looked very much like it. He cuddled up in my blanket and buried his head under my pillow. It looked like a huge animal made itself at home in my bed. I honestly didn't really mind, but honestly, what are his intentions? He can't be such a baby; why isn't he just going back to his room?

I walked closer to my bed. "Isaac?" I didn't really know what to say, but I didn't have anything to say either.

He mumbled something I couldn't understand until I pulled the blanket out of his face, which led me to face him yawning. As I realized, his mumbling was his yawn, his mouth just closed as he opened it again, his eyes still closed. "Congratulations, you've just become the CEO of my insomnia! Say goodbye to sleep; it's now a rare commodity in my world."

Our laughter filled the room. Well, of course, mine was the first one to appear, but his followed soon after mine. He may be an ass sometimes, but I can't deny that his jokes are sometimes so random that you just have to laugh.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, he pulled me down to lay next to him. His arm wrapped around my waist as he hummed happily. "You know, I could imagine getting used to this."

After those words left his mouth, something in my brain clicked. He's technically a part of my new family, or maybe I just always find a way to make things awkward in my head.

I turned around and looked him in his eyes. They appeared brighter than usual, just like the spark of moonlight from last night was still in there. "But we can't."

His parted lips let out a light sigh, but maybe it was just his breath. No one said anything; we just kind of watched each other blink, breathe, and analyze each other's eyes. Maybe it was the wrong thing to say, but the feeling of doing something wrong refused to leave my mind. Maybe this feeling wasn't just a feeling; maybe it was a sign. Or maybe it was nothing. At least I hope so.

"Come on, it's not like anyone could resist my charm, and especially my good looks," he said in his typical mocking voice, but there was a new undertone to his voice, a hurt one.

But I quickly decided that it's best to play along instead of keeping up the serious topics. "That's why you're still single, Mr. Casanova."

I turned around, facing my wall. But not even a second had passed until he rolled me back to my previous position. He smirked, and his face came a lot closer, just like last night; our noses nearly touched.

"Oh please, it's just because you're still too afraid to admit that you like me back, yet."

I could feel my cheeks go as red as old wine. Now it was me who hid their face deep down under the blanket. I could hear him laughing lightly, but it was enough to make my heart race even more. If my heart were a racing car, it would have won any competition that ever existed. I hate myself for reacting the way I did, but he was incredibly talented at making me forget everything, especially every doubt, with one cheesy and flirty comment.

He tried to push down the blanket, but I used my full strength to keep it above my nose. "Oh, come on, let me see those cheeks. Well, at least thank me for saving money."

I ripped the blanket out of his grip and pulled it all over myself as I ran towards the door. "Thank you? For what?"

There it was, once again, his cocky smirk appeared. "With me, you'll never need to buy blush again. You know, I'm like an infinite blush glitch."

I lifted the blanket and put it in front of me before I started running towards him. I jumped onto the bed as I covered him with the blanket from head to toe. "Take that back!" I started tickling him through the blanket. Due to Lee and Isaac's tickling fights, I knew that his stomach is his soft spot.