Chapter 7

As I was ready for the day I decided to go downstairs. Everyone was already up, except for Cole .

I took some pancakes from the tower Katherine created and sat down next to Isaac, "Morning guys"

Lee furrowed his brows and looked at us with his signature side eye, "Morning"

I shot both of them a warm smile to blend out Lees suspicion. The two of them continued arguing about unimportant matters while I ate my pancakes.

Danny came in and turned his head towards the three of us "If you guys need a ride to the huddle, we're leaving in an hour"

I gave him a nod "I'll be there, I just have to pack my cheer clothes"

Third person PoV:

Isaac and Lee sat in their shared room while waiting for the hour to pass. Lee insisted on discussing the complexities of Isaac's relationship with Y/N. Lee leaned forward, a teasing smile on his face, "Come on, Isaac, it's so obvious that you have a huge crush on Y/N."

Isaac scoffed, "What? No way, Lee. I'm just being nice to her because she's been through so much, losing her parents and sister, and having to move. I'm just trying to be a good ... friend?"

Lee raised an eyebrow skeptically, "Isaac, there's being nice, and then there's the way you act around her. I've seen the way you look at her all the time, man."

Isaac rolled his eyes, "You're reading too much into it. We just started being friends, Lee. Besides, she's a handful. Always arguing and challenging me."

Lee chuckled, "That's exactly what someone with a crush would say. You argue because you care, Isaac. It's not just friendly banter."

Isaac sighed, leaning back in his chair, "Fine, we argue, but it's not like we're anything more than frenemies. Remember that time I ripped out two pages from her book? She was furious."

Lee nodded, "I remember. But what about that night you spent hours gluing the pages back in after she confronted you about it? That's not something you do for just anyone."

Isaac scratched his head, looking away, "Well, I didn't want her to be upset. It's not like I did it because I have feelings for her. We just have a weird dynamic."

Lee leaned in, a mischievous glint in his eyes, "Isaac, admit it. You like her more than you're willing to admit. And I'm pretty sure she feels the same way."

Isaac crossed his arms defensively, "Lee, we're just really good at pushing each other's buttons. It's not romantic. We're like frenemies with a side of heated competition."

Lee laughed, "Frenemies don't spend hours fixing ripped book pages, and do not forget about how she fixed up your finger. and I've seen Jordans video. I really believe you two were about to kiss, if the two of you wouldn't have noticed Jordan. I think you're just scared to acknowledge your feelings for her. Maybe it's time to consider that you're more than just friends."

Isaac sighed, "Lee, you're overthinking this. Y/N and I are fine the way we are. We don't need to complicate things with romance."

Lee smirked, "Isaac, sometimes complicating things is exactly what we need. You might be surprised to find out that your so-called frenemy is actually, your crush." He was singing the last two words.

Isaac shook his head, "I don't know about that, Lee. We argue all the time. We're like oil and water."

Lee leaned back, a knowing look on his face, "Isaac, oil and water may not mix, but they create some unique patterns. Maybe your dynamic with Y/N is more complex than you think."