Chapter 5

After my nap I decided to go for a long walk. It was quite late and my phone died, I really hoped that Katherine and George aren't upset with me. I love to go walking, simply to think and clear my mind. The air here is so different from the air in New York. But it's not just the air, Jackies behaving differently and I think I'm too. But how could anyone stay the same under those circumstances?

When I entered the house there was this silence again, I bet it's about the shower thing. Curiosity led me into the dining room where I faced the whole family,except for Jackie.

"Where have you been? We were worried to death?"

"I'm sorry Katherine, I was out for a run and my phone died, won't happen again I promise"

Everyone was still staring at me as I sat down on my chair. This is going to be fun.

"What, why are y'all so quiet, and where's Jackie?"

Isaac did his typical ironic sigh. The boys gave each other a look I couldn't interpret.

"Well Jackie told me about this mornings.. events"

"What events?"

Maybe it's too late to play dumb, but I really don't want to mess up my reputation in front of everyone. It crossed my mind a few times that Jackie would cry her heart out in front of Katherine, I can't really blame her. But her popularity definitely increased after sneaking this information.

Katherine shot me a skeptical glance,
"You really don't know? Jackie spilled everything about the argument between you and Isaac this morning, and Jordan got it all on camera."

The room was silent for a moment, and I felt the weight of everyone's eyes on me. I attempted to salvage the situation, "It was just a little disagreement, nothing serious."

George raised an eyebrow,
"A little disagreement that had Jordan nearly pass out in front of his camera? I think you owe us an explanation, don't you?"

I could sense the tension escalating, and the room seemed to tighten around me. I took a deep breath, trying to choose my words carefully.

"It was a misunderstanding, really. Isaac and I had different views on, well, something, and it got heated. But we're fine now, just a bit blown out of proportion," I explained, glancing around the room, hoping my words would diffuse the mounting tension.

George leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. "Blown out of proportion? Jordan's footage tells a different story. It looked like a full blown fight, not just a 'little disagreement.'"

Katherine's eyes narrowed, "So, what was it about?"

I hesitated for a moment, calculating how much I should reveal. Isaac finally started speaking "It's personal, between her and me. We resolved it, and are fine now."

This was absolutely not convincing, the way he looked like he would like to rip my head off and then pronounced the "fine" like the word was venomous gave him away.

Jordan, still holding his phone, chimed in, "I can show you the video of them apologising if you want, mum. It's pretty intense."

Katherine shook her head, "No need, I trust your judgment. But remember, our actions reflect on the family, I'm talking to you too Cole."

As the conversation continued, I felt a mix of regret and frustration. I never intended for things to spiral out of control like this. The dynamics within the family were shifting, and my attempt to downplay the situation didn't seem entirely successful.

The atmosphere remained strained, leaving me to navigate the aftermath of a dispute that had unfolded beyond my control.