36 ➵ Truth or fantasies?

No

No.

No.

... No...

I closed my eyes, trying to calm my erratic heart. That though, was near impossible as images, wild and uncontrollable flashed before me.

"Or are you scared?"

"Me? Never,"

"You have nothing to say thank you for princess,"

"I'll see you soon princess..."

My eyes shot right open only to find that same face, not a meer fictation of my mind, so oblivious to my current presence. His face was tilted to the side, laughing at whatever Lucio said, giving me a full view of his jaw line so sharp it could cut steel, pearly white teeth with canines just above his pink lips.

I wanted— needed to leave to Antonello's office before he had an actual aneurysm from my lengthy disappearance. But my feet were screwed into the ground, firm on watching this enigma of a man walk right past me. Without me evens saying a word.

To be honest I thought he wasn't real. I figment of my imagination. Another unhealthy way of trying to cope....

That was till he and Lucio started walking down the staircase.

He was listening to what my brother had to say, cracking his tatooed  knuckles, posture easy and relaxed. Then he tensed ever so slightly, like he sensed something— someone and slowly brought his head up and connected his eyes with mine.

He stilled, a few unnoticeable seconds, his whiskey- golden flecked  eyes took me in from bottom to top. From my tosseled hair that was now in a messy bun, wavy this time unlike its former straighter style. My black clothes, now covered in blood, glass shards and ripped holes. He stopped though when he landed on the long scar marring my forehead, eyes turning dark. It didnt hurt but it was pretty nasty, I doubt it would scar though... There's been worst obviously.

"Don't you remember what I taught you Athena?"

I shook my head.

He took my chin in a tight grip forcing me to stare into his sinful grey eyes. "One day you'll see there is nothing out there but this."

"You'll see that nothing. Nobody. Nowhere. Is waiting to find you in the end." My tears began to pour like hailstorms. "That I'm all you have. This life is all you have. There is no place on this forsake earth for you to run."

I just wanted to scream stop.

"So wake up. No this isn't just a nightmare like you asked. Its your reality sweetheart."

Stop.

"Stop imagining make belive fantasies."

Don't.