38 ➵ Day in the life: why me?

I dipped my head down trying to mask the smile that was pulling on my face

"What's got you all shy now princess?"

My head snapped right up and I scoffed rolling my eyes, "oh please." His half smirk turned into a full on grin.

I just, I don't know stared into his eyes that seemed to sparkle under the red lights making him look— hot? Manic? Deadly? The music coursed through my veins and the ever so slight alcohol flowing through me made me go slightly insane.

So keeping eye contact with him the whole time I slowly put both my hands on his waist a swayed to the music with him. He followed my movements and danced in sink with me, making small circles as we moved.

"What brings you here really?" I ask looking around at the crowded club, filled with people on a high and drunk on energy. "Nosey aren't you?" He mumbled through a laugh.

I glared and hit his side, "just answer the bloody question." I said to him drinking in the way his laugh rung with the beat of the song. "And feisty."

"Oh for the love of!—"

"Okay Armani no needed to get angry. If you must know I own the place." Damiano said leaving me speechless and that seemed to amuse him evens more.

He owned the place? This place right here? The most popular bar in the city? This mysterious man that nobody and their mother in the underworld can figure out.

"... you own this place? Like actually?" I muttered incredulously looking around the bar and then the multiple floors and then back to him. "Yes I do. Why exactly do you seem so suprised?"

I opened my mouth and then closed it, then I mouthed the words surprised in an exaggerated way, "I don't know maybe cause your only eighteen and... I don't know I just didn't expect it."

"Well for starters I am the sole heir to the Sicilian mafia, princess, so getting a bar in this city at eighteen is one the easiest things I could possibly do." He whispered in my ear  so nobody else could hear like it was nothing, like the dirt on his shoes was owned by him and everybody in the place was too.

"And what's the easiest?"

I questioned through asmirk, lightly placing my hand on his bicep whilst I whispered into his ear. I felt his airy laugh on the back of my neck.

"Murder of course sweetheart."

I laughed, a genuine real laugh. "What other answer would I expect?" I muttered through a chuckle toying with the ended of my hair with one of my hands. "What I would like to know is why you are here." Damiano said lifting up an eyebrow while he not so subtly looked me up and down.

"My brothers don't know I'm here, I took my two cousins. So if any one of my brothers find out I'm here which they won't, Giovanni and Adriano will get in trouble not me." I told him while we still swayed to the music, he evens spined me around a few times. "Wishful thinking." I nodded my head, "always."