Chapter 2 - Open Trail

The woman reemerged with a small case before kneeling, rolling up his pant leg and treating his wounds. There was some discomfort but he didn’t complain. The woman stands after finishing up and introduces herself.

“My name Keiko, I will be training you in hunting and botany so you can live of the land.” she then bows slightly. “It’s nice to meet you, too. Is the other half they mentioned?” Nagishima asked as he rubbed his leg.

“Yes, after this you can officially start your mission. Do you have any questions?” Keiko asked with a smile. “Where am I? This isn’t Ryukyu.” Akamine eagerly queried with as if he was waiting to ask for a long time. “You are on the island of Enjeruto, in a country called the Principality of Atarashī Kōya or just Atarashī.

We are bordered by the New Empire of Konoshima to the south and the Republic of Saigen across Quartz Lake to the west.” Keiko explained.

“Thank you, shall we get started on my training?” Akamine asked as he stood up. “You’re hurt but you want train right now? You are determined aren’t you.” the cloaked woman commented. “I have to be, I literally can’t afford to fail. My family is counting me to free them.” Nagishima stated in serious yet dejected tone.

“It’s for family? Normally, people do the program just to make themselves rich but here you are providing for your parents. It’s commendable.” Keiko affirmed. “Thanks, my mom and dad aren’t perfect but they did a great job raising me. They did so much for me without being asked but now they are the ones reaching out to me for help.

Though, this mission may be long and difficult it is just a drop of water compared to the ocean of support my parents have given me. I must help them, I have to!” Nagishima stated with his voice breaking but maintained his composure. He kept from showing any emotion even though his face was beginning to disagree with it.

The cloaked woman touched his words pulled him into her arms and held him tightly. “How long have you been holding on to all of this? I just met you hours ago but I can tell how much you are hurting. I will make sure to teach you everything you need to help mom and dad.” Keiko stated as a tear rolled down her face.

She continued to hold him, Nagishima’s face showed no emotion but he appreciated what she was doing. “I’m not sure, why I felt the need to share all of that with someone I just met. She is the first person I have spoken to in a week who wasn’t an authority figure in the way the others were. I don’t know but it’s nice to talk to someone who understands. ” Akamine thought.

A few minutes later, Nagishima was standing next to the cloaked woman as she explained the lesson. “First we will do Botany first when you are familiar with the plants, we can move to hunting.” she stated. Nagishima raised his hand enthusiastically then said “Teacher, I already hunted something!” he then waited for a response. “Wait, you did?!” Keiko asked in her surprise.

Seihin Of Hikari: Secret Landsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें