You Should Know

The next day, Nagishima was performing chores around the yard at the request of his teacher. Keiko was sitting on the steps of the veranda sipping tea while watching her student work.

Akamine took his shirt off then lifted a hay bale onto his shoulders before walking towards the stable. He returns a few minutes later as he wiped his face with a handkerchief. Now that he was shirtless, his well-toned upper body was exposed, his muscles glistened in the sunlight as he exited the shade. The monochrome girl noticed but kept her cool as she continued to sip her tea with a red face.

Later that night, Keiko and Nagishima were sitting at the table. "I'm about to tell you something but don't get scared, okay?" the teacher requested to which Akamine nodded affirming the question. "The people of this island are different from those of the surrounding countries. They are of a separate race call the Seihin.

They vary in appearance with many subgroups within them." she continued "I wanted to tell you that…" Keiko trailed off as she removed her head scarf then hesitantly pushed her hair aside.

Nagishima was staring intently waiting for more information. "I am one of them." Keiko stated as she finished pushing her hair back revealing short elf-like ears she stares at the table feeling a bit self-conscious. There was silence, Keiko lifted her head to see Akamine staring in terror. "Nagishima-san?

Please… don't look at me like that." Keiko stated.
Nagishima gets up from his seat "I know what you are going to do, reconsider." The teacher asked. "I need to process this." Akamine stated emotionlessly he walked to his room and locked the door from the inside.

The monochrome girl heard the locks being utilized then covered her face with her hands. "I couldn't keep it from him forever. The director order me tell him after training but I did something selfish by waiting this long because I enjoyed his company. Now, he don't trust me anymore." Keiko conveyed as tears begin to fall to the table.

Ocean Voyage Arc End...