Our Little Family

Ashara x Kaiba
Takes place YEARS in the future
Fluff! But little angst
————————————————-
Nobody's POV
Life had been lovely for the two men, Kaiba and Ashara. It had been a slow, peaceful couple of years. They had taken their relationship slow, they got married after 5 years and have now been living their mundane lives together.

Kaiba had always wished for children, he feared this wish would never be met due to his lack of love towards women, though him and Ashara had found a way.

The two men found an adoption agency, made specifically for those of godly descent. A lot of gods and godly children don't feel the want to claim their children, so it was rather easy for a lot of godly children to fall into the need of adoption.

The two men had adopted two little girls. One being a four year old named Kleo and a baby named Leila. Kleo was already named when they adopted her, on the other hand Kaiba and Ashara named Laila. Both girls are Egyptian, both having cat features, when the two men saw the children, they knew they were an absolutely perfect addition to the family.

The newfound family had been adjusting perfectly together. Love filled everyone's hearts, Kaiba and Ashara both feeling achieved and complete in their relationship, and both girls content and loving of their new parents.

Though, some things were difficult for the first time parents.

Some things had been a bit hard for Kaiba, he was no longer able to go out to a ton on parties due to his new duties as a father, he has also decided to completely quit his day drinking, smoking, and... other substance abuse. He didn't want it to harm his children at all, and either way he knew it was for the better to quit all of it, it was fucking up his body.

Some things had been quite hard for Ashara as well, his frequent visits to Shiva's shrine and other missions had become rather hard work while having to also take care of two children. Though, him and Kaiba make it work quite well... most of the time.

Ashara takes care of them at night, since the baby likes to stir and awaken. They decided it was for the best due to Ashara's lack of a sleep schedule, it allowed Kaiba to sleep and the children to be content.

Though, currently Ashara was off at Shiva's shrine, usually it wasn't difficult for Kaiba to take care of the children, but this time around it was rather difficult.

Kaiba POV
"Shh shhh" I whisper to the crying baby in my arms and the rather restless toddler sitting in my lap. Leila has been rather loud tonight, not being able to settle down and instead sobbing for seemingly no reason. This caused Kleo to wake up, I was now attempting to calm both children, both restless and crying.

"Kleo honey can you get down?" I ask, trying to get her off of me so that I could get up and rock the baby.

Kleo climbs off of my lap slowly, her small claws digging softly into my silk pajama pants. I pat her on the head softly, rubbing her ear in between my fingers before I stand up.

I stand up, allowing my feet to settle underneath me, them being rather hard to stand on due to my tiredness. I adjust Leila in my arms, getting a better, more comfortable grip on her and slowly rocking her back and forth.

She wasn't hungry, or uncomfortable, or even needing a diaper change. She was simply, just wanting to cry. I understand her, sometimes I need a good cry too.

I close my eyes as I rock her slightly faster, my legs swaying back and forth. I feel the tiredness wave over me, my eyes and entire body feeling tired, seemingly wanting to give up.

The cries begin to settle, now only soft breaths filling the air. I open my eyes, taking a deep sigh as I look down at the baby, her ears down as her tail sways calmly. I smile, happy I've quieted her down.