Comfort

Based on this head cannon^Angst with ComfortKaiba x Ashara—————————-Kaiba POVThe memory was vivid in my head, one that was easy to recall and hard to forget

Angst with Comfort
Kaiba x Ashara
—————————-
Kaiba POV
The memory was vivid in my head, one that was easy to recall and hard to forget.

It starts with something that had become familiar to me as a child. Me and Magnus's shared bedroom. I was at Inpu and Magnus's pyramid often, Inpu being the one who looked after me when my mother wasn't able to, or well, didn't want to.

The memory begins with me being a child, around the age of 10 years old. I was being awoken by Inpu, his hand soft on my shoulder as he shook me awake softly.

It was easy to awaken me due to the fact I was used to this routine, knowing I would only get about two hours of sleep before mother returned from whatever party or bar she had been at to collect me.

I remember it vividly, Inpu helping me out of my bed and helping me to put my sandals on. He then walked me to the door, it already being opened and my mother waiting impatiently on the other side.

I remember always being upset when mother came to collect me, I realize now that I was better off with Inpu, atleast he took care of me, loved me even.

I vaguely remember the smell of booze and cigarette smoke hitting my nose as I approached the door, my mother being a drunken mess, a cigarette positioned messily in between her lips.

Inpu held me by the shoulder as he talked with my mother, the conversation was rather blurry but I could remember that it was a heated one, cusses being thrown at each-other.

The once calm conversation turned into a yelling match. I remember holding back tears, being frightened by the yelling, though at the same time being frightened to show emotion around my mother. As she always used to say "real men don't cry".

I remember the yelling match being interrupted by a rather harsh slapping noise. I looked up to see my mother's hand being next to Inpu's face, his cheek now red, tears threatening his eyes.

I remember the moment Inpu's hand released my shoulder, shoving me towards my mother. He was rightfully upset, obviously at my mother, probably at me.

That was the last time I was taken to Inpu's house. Whatever him and my mother had argued about had obviously ticked her off enough to never allow me around him again.

Once Inpu threw me towards my mother, she grabbed me rather harshly by the arm, forcing me to her side. I remember the smell of cigarette smoke taking over my nose and burning my eyes, a thing I once found disgusting, had now become a habit of mine.

I hated that I gained my smoking addiction from her, but it wasn't the only thing I got. She also gave me my rather "bratty" attitude and alcoholism, I do believe I also gained my partying habits from her.

I remember being dragged harshly away from Inpu's pyramid, my mother obviously pissed.

I remember the tears that began to fall down my face, ones that I had originally attempted to hold in.