003

—Joining the group

    On the other side of the room as Alberu and Cale chatted Adileo was being asked multiple questions by the children averaging nine-years-old. They seem the most in his past.

"What happened there? Why do you a have a scar?" Raon's question caught him off-guard but he didn't show it and answered casually.

"Mn. The White radish bastard burned my village down to get the residents to come out but some burned to death. My parents helped me escape but I got this scar as a result. I'm the only survivor of the village."

Raon and the others couldn't see the full extent of the scar but the bit on his neck was ferocious so much that they couldn't imagine the full extent.

Adileo didn't notice the expression of everyone who seemed to have heard his explanation.

[ So nonchalant.]

The voice said in an esperated tone. It would be a lie if the god said he didn't develop some affection for this humans after all these decades of following him.

'It's nothing special?'

Adileo seemed to notice the silence and glanced up to see all eyes on him. He had visible question mark's on his head and Cale sighed.

He had gotten involved with another mess.

"Are you finished speaking?"

"That's right." Cale glanced at him and went into thought. Even though he seemed un predictable he was a strong individual. Cale had just seen the white star's strength and knew he needed the young man in his group.

It'd make his slacker life so much easier to reach.

"cough..So Adileo what will you do?"

"Hm, travel and look for the white radish?" Adileo said as if stating the obvious.

"Human let's, let him him join the group! We can help him get revenge!" Raon said stating his 'wonderful' idea.

"Let's!" Hong said agreeing with his little brother.

Cale looked hesitant but on the inside was cheering Raon on to convince Adileo to stay. This is the first time he actively wanted someone troublesome to join his group.

"The little kid is right. It wouldn't be so bad having him around." Eruhaben couldn't deny he developed a soft spot in that short moment after hearing his story. Not to mention he had an aura that drew people in subconsciously.

Cale looked ad if he was hesitating but glanced at Adileo and said with 'hesitation'. "What do you think?"

[ You should join them. The red-head seems to attract trouble. I'm sure you'll meet the white star with this bastard around¹.]

Adileo went silent and seriously took the advice of the God into heart. He weighed the pros and cons but decided to do it. Like the God said he'll most likely meet the white star with Cale and his group around.

By then he could get his revenge.

"Alright." Raon shouted with joy. He seemed to become attached to Adileo in the short interaction they had.

Now that Cale had gotten Adileo in his group he needed to know his abilities for his plans. He more or less knew most of the groups abilities thanks to the novel but he had no clue where a person like Adileo came from.

"Since you joined can I know your abilities?" Cale said he wasn't sure if he'd agreed.

"That's right! I wanna know them too other human! Why are you so strong?!"

"I wanna know! I wanna know!"

"I'm curious."

Adileo couldn't deny that he'd become soft at these children. They reminded him of his deceased siblings. Adileo was the oldest of four children. He had been twelve when he lost his family.

" My blood. I can shape things using my blood." Adileo explained. He gained this ability after contracting the God.

He could shape things with his blood. Meaning he could make wepons or shields. As long as he knew the structure he could make it using his blood. Though the downside is that if he'd used too much blood he's faint and lose consciousness.

He could use mana but didn't like training much in it not mention he'd recently got a regeneration ability so his disadvantage didn't affect him much unless it was sever blood loss.

Cale had expected a weird ability but he wasn't expecting this. He'd seen all sorts of abilities as Kim Rook soon but never this.

"Besides that, Why is Roan Kingdom's crown prince here?" Adileo said looking at Alberu who was in his dark-elf form.

Alberu was suprised that Adileo could recognize him in this form. "How did you know?"

"Isn't it obvious? You're facial features are similar and I've seen your mother before. She had dark-elf blood." Adileo dropped a bom as if nothing happened.

[ You really shouldn't drop bombs like that.]

'I'm sure you have split personality. Earlier you were screaming for me to choke the red-head and now this?'

[...]

Cale sensed the tension in the room and moved the topic along.

“It looks like a lot of things have happened in the past two weeks.” He said referring to their previous conversation.

“ Haaaa.”

Alberu let out a sigh looking away from Adileo who had moved to a couch and seemed to be in a daze but in reality was arguing with the God in his head.

“A lot? You’re just calling it, ‘a lot of things?’ ”

Cale flinched.

He did not like the look in Alberu’s eyes.

Cale recognized that gaze. It was the same gaze he had in the past as Kim Rok Soo when he wanted to flip everything over while doing work that the company had assigned for him to do.

Cale quickly responded back.

“…Your highness.”

Sir Rex and the Sun God Twins would not have been able to do all of this.

It was highly likely that Tasha, who has worked in a palace for a long time, along with Rosalyn and crown prince Alberu, who was explaining everything so casually, suffered in silence while working hard in order to make sure they were not noticed by people from foreign kingdoms.

It was most likely that crown prince Alberu, who had the most experience with all of this, had a hand in almost everything that happened.

‘I’m sure that it wasn’t free knowing Alberu’s personality.’

He had gotten himself into a bundle of messes. First this and now he had an extra addition to his group who didn't seem to be in his right mind.

'I shouldn't have gotten involved.'