014

— Ancient Artifact

"That makes sense. He was always a lunatic." Adileo said very freely. It seemed he didn't care who heard him.

'You're a lunatic too!'

Cale screamed at him in his heart he would dare scream at him outloud.

On the other hand, there were people were only looking at one thing and could not take their eyes away.

“…This.”

It was Mercenary King Bud Illis. Bud could not hide his shock while looking at the footage recorded inside the orb.

He could feel chills on his back.

He watched the footage a couple of times.

He watched Cale’s group fighting against black magic.

He also saw them fighting against the White Star.

And then he watched Adileo stab the White star with crazed smile on his face.

“I never expected the White Star to be this strong.”

'Or him.' But he didn't say that outloud as he didn't know the extent of Adileos abilities.

The mage from the Poeff household brushed his face with both hands.

The true strength of the White Star that he had only speculated in the past was causing him fear. However, the people who were winning against such strong opponent were also beyond their imaginations, making the Mercenary King unable to take his eyes away from the footage.

“…Patriarch-nim.”

Bud Illis turned his head.

He could see Ron Molan who was sitting on a couch and looking down at him with cold eyes. Ron started to speak.

“None of the footage is fabricated.”

Ron Molan.

There was still information about him in the Mercenaries Guild’s directory.

He was a highly respected assassin.

“Think hard.”

Ron gave that advice as he turned away from the Mercenary King and the mage. He heard Bud’s voice as he headed for the door.

“Patriarch-nim.”

Bud Illis cautiously started to ask.

“Are you planning on spreading your household name on the Eastern continent again?”

Bud could see Ron turning around after hearing his question.

He could not help but flinch after seeing Ron’s face again.

The corners of Ron’s lips had curled up.

It was a cold smile that was far from his usual gentle smile.

“Just focus on your own life. No need to ask me about mine.”

It was an answer suitable for the Molan patriarch who was described as cold in the directory.

Bud Illis recalled what Cale had said after he could no longer see Ron who walked out the door.

He couldn’t tell whether that blunt yet confident tone was Cale Henituse’s natural tone. However, it was the first time he had heard confidence and a sense of pride in Cale’s tone.

‘Then you will know. You will know just how great and mighty we are.’

Mercenary King Bud Illis closed his eyes.