013

—Dragon Half-blood

    How would it feel if someone who had an evil smile on his face suddenly started to frown?

That was exactly Cale’s situation right now.

Cale was frowning at Raon who was saying that he should smile like that toward the White Star in addition to teaching it to Adileo, however, all that the Mercenary King and his mage friend could see was the evil smile turning into a frown.

‘Cale Henituse.’

The Mercenary King Bud Illis thought that he had heard that name before.

Poke.

He turned his head after feeling a poke and saw the mage’s hood.

– Let’s talk later.

‘Talk?’

– Cale Henituse. I’ve heard that name before. I think I saw it in the Western continent report.

The Eastern continent had information on the Western continent, similar to how crown prince Alberu had information on the Eastern continent.

Bud Illis nodded at his friend before turning back toward Cale Henituse. He then flinched.

“…Are you drunk?”

Cale’s face was red.

‘I thought he only drank a couple glasses of wine?’

Adileo glanced at Cale and stared for a bit before coming to the conclusion he was not drunk.

He seemed to have a high achohol tolerance.

Even though Cale’s face was redder than most ripe apples.

– Human! The Mercenary King looks disappointed!

‘…This crazy alcoholic.’

Cale explained the situation to the Mercenary King who suddenly slumped his shoulders.

“My face always ends up like this.”

“Ah! Really? So, I wasn’t wrong about the scent of an alcoholic coming from you.”

‘…Aigoo…’

Cale scoffed internally at Bud Illis’s response before being baffled at how the Mercenary King’s face returned to normal right away.

‘He really is crazy. This guy is at the crazy Clopeh’s level.’

However, Bud Illis who had no way of knowing what Cale was thinking about continued to speak.

“I don’t believe it.”

He didn’t need to ask which part Bud did not believe. Cale started to speak.

“You can’t believe me or my offers.”

“Yes.”

Bud Illis could not easily hand over his life and the future of the Mercenaries Guild even if there were two Dragons, a sword master, a strong lunatic, and the one to make the offer had multiple ancient powers.

It was an obvious reaction.

That was why Cale gave a simple response back.

“I’ll make it so you believe me.”

He just needed to convince Bud.

“How?”

Bud could hear Cale’s calm voice responding to his question.

“I will have someone deliver something to you by the end of the day. Take a look.”

Cale pointed his hand toward the rest of his group.