018

— Wind Island

“You need to go alone from here.”

Cale was standing on the deck.

He was wincing because it was difficult to keep his eyes open due to the ferocious wind.

Wind Island.

The wind from the island was causing the rough waves, trying to push the ship away.

“I want to go with you!”

“Me too!”

– Same with me!

"Can't I go?" Adileo raised his hand. He had remembered but said that he could go and he was intrested in wind's island.

But Cale wanted and had to go alone so he was declined.

- That's right human! Take the  weird human with you! He's strong and can protect you!

The children averaging nine-years-old bumped into Cale’s body as Adileo watched from the side. Cale pushed them away and declined.

Mage Glenn Poeff had his arms crossed as he started to speak.

“That’s difficult. That island only shows the ancient artifact to one person with the wind attribute at a time.” Glenn ignored the stare that suffocated him from Adileo.

Luckily Eruhaben smacked Adileos head and stopped it.

Bud Illis pointed to an area on the island that was difficult to see because of the wind.

“That is the entrance.”

He then continued on with a concerned expression on his face.

“You remember what I said last night?”

Last night.

Bud Illis had told Cale about how he could come out of Wind Island alive.

Cale recalled what Bud told him.

‘There is a temple at the deepest spot in Wind Island. There is an altar with a jar on it.’

'That jar fills with a liquid when you hand it to an injured or dying person. Drinking the liquid will heal them.’

The ancient artifact in the shape of a jar.

‘However, that jar seems to have a limit or maybe it is just old, but it cracks every time it is used. I guess this ancient artifact is one with a limited usage.’

The jar would eventually crack until the point that it breaks apart.

‘Based on the history left with my family, the jar has been used three times until now.’

‘You have to also return the jar back to the altar within one week.’

Cale turned to look toward Bud.

Wind Island.

Bud’s family had arrived at that island at some point and created the first brewery and kept it going until now.

‘People of my household inherit the wind attribute ancient power every other generation.’

Bud had a bitter smile on his face when he had said that.

‘I am the guardian of Wind Island.’

‘That was the will of my ancestor who settled on this island. However, our ancestor did not leave behind the reason behind why we have to be the guardians of Wind Island. But…’

Cale had never seen Bud with such a serious expression on his face in the short time that he had known him.

‘But, he did say that we needed to make sure that the ancient artifact did not fall into an evil person’s hands. He said to destroy it if it looked like someone evil would take it.’