𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ; curtains closing { END. }

Ringing

... Ringing. She couldn't hear anything but ringing.

Swarms of butterflies had circled the area, mainly searching for something to feast on. Despite their beauty, they were laced with venom. An angel's body can attest to that, as one of the fluttering creatures had landed on its' unmoving hand to suck on its' golden blood from its' open wound.

The body slowly decays, seeming to act like rotten fruit.

Some of the butterfly's siblings follow suit, the sight confusing and irritating the exorcist witnessing it all. Lute mutters a swear, sword tightly grasped in hand in case of an attack. She grunts, feeling that harsh pang against her heart once more.

Lute refuses to fall to her knees, glaring at the eyes of the crying demon's wings. This was not like the seraphims nor the archangels glance, where their gaze held power and grace. A strength many could only wish to have.

No, her supposed victim's gaze was cowardly. It was wide, filled with terror. Weakness was all it was, the idea was one she wish she could've cackled at had it not been for that annoying non-existent yet heavy weight to her body.

Even with all the noises of utter chaos in the back, Lute can hear the raven head's pathetic weeping.

"... I'm sorry... I wasn't trying to anger anyone..." Her cry had sounded like a drown, the flames of her hair burning brighter. She couldn't part her eyes away from the exorcist scowling at her with such distaste. Her gaze bleeds.

Morana couldn't tore herself away from the image being shoved into the center of her head. The force of hallucination making it harder for her to recover from her fallen state. The ringing was getting louder.

She could've sworn she's starting to hear voices over the ringing. Her townspeople.

Lute clicks her tongue, bringing herself over to the raven head with her sword in the air. Her wings blowing away the swarm of the fluttering pests coming her way. They weren't doing much to someone who actually knows how to fight.

"I don't have time for this..." She spat, not paying any mind to how the winged raven head had lowered herself as one would just before they are executed with a swing of a blade. The exorcist readjusted her grip on the handle, about to bring down a sharp slash.

Yet the eyes of her wings had not broken their focus on her cruel actions. They widen further, a glow to their sharp irises.

Lute drops her weapon.

"AGHK!"

The swarm of fluttering pests had been cried out by those damn eyes, attacking the exorcist's line of sight. Lute was forced back, swatting her arm at them in an attempt to pry them off. The sounds of wings flapping was beginning to fuel her anger towards this ridiculous situation.