Chapter 3

The night craddle in like a swift motion of darkness, the full space of the house was envelope with emptiness, the profanity of Freen's absence in their family dinner mark a great disrespect for both her grandmother and her mother. Not wanting to put Freen in any shame, Becky covered up for her saying she have some important matters in the company she needed to discuss first just to not let her be in the spotlight of blame.

"What time is Freen coming back Becky?" Freen's mother asked shoving a great amount of lettuce in her mouth.  Her gaze softly traveled her in-law's features as she wait patiently for the latter's response.

Becky gulp down a bit letting the nervousness in her veins vanished. " S-she'll be here any minute by now mom. She probably might be stuck in traffic." She replied extracting a little force on her spoon while her other hand tuck in the hairs springing free on her face.

" I hope she will be here this time Becca. She always ditch this family dinner. We can't let her do this again, especially since she know she have a wife to come home at."

Becky heaved a deep sigh. She and Freen's family know that Freen is only force for this marriage and she isn't held accountable for whatever Becky felt, she's not the one to be blamed if Becky is in pain and in agony of her disrespect. " Gram, we both know Freen dislike me, she despise seeing my face, let alone having this dinner with me in front of her family." She exclaimed with a hint of bitterness in her voice.

" Becky, with love or with not, you are to be treated equally and fairly, I never tolerate exclusivity in this family and I hope Freen is not doing anything that can cause you pain." Becky swallowed the lump in her throat as grandmother look at her with a loving gaze. " Is she doing something unpleasant Bec? If she do don't hesitate to tell me."

"Nothing gram, she's not doing anything wrong. " She replied. Just as grandmother nod her head in anticipation, the front door  burst open revealing Freen in her outmost glory, with sleeves button opened and a messy hair. Her neck fetch hickey that turned purplish. Then again.

There is another girl, hugging Freen's neck pulling her chin planting a soft kiss on her lips.

"SAROCHA CHANKIMHA!" The grandmother's voice echoed through the expansion of the living room, the outburst rage increases as Freen shoot her grandmother a glance possessing a horrified expression as she pushed the girl away.

"G-gram—" SLAP

Freen's cheek was coated with red marks as her grandmother slapped her hard, the old lady did not show any kind of remorse as the remnant of the sudden action left a red mark on Freen's cheek.

"WHEN DID YOU LEARN DISRESPECT THAT MUCH! REALLY FREEN? BRINGING ANOTHER WOMAN IN THIS VERY MANSION WHERE YOU AND YOUR WIFE LIVE!"

"S-she has a wife?" The woman inquired, shock evident in her face.

"Yes! And you young lady shouldn't be playing fire with a married woman. Now get out this house and don't let me know that you tried connecting with this disrespectful woman in here, or else I would make your life a living hell." Her grandmother reprimanded pointing at the door ushering the woman to get out. And so she did.

At the dining table, the atmosphere was wrap in silence, no one tried breaking the ice that hung heavy in the air and the palpable unspoken clarifications blur up as it intensifies their grandmother's rage.

"G-gram—". Freen tried opening her mouth only to be silence by her grandmother's hand.

"Don't speak unless your spoken to." Her grandmother exclaimed stabbing the meat with her fork. Freen gulped down hard, she knew she fucked up, and aside from her mother, it is her grandmother whom she feared the most. The very root of the Chankimha's. " It was beyond my imagination to see you in that unpleasant state Sarocha. That there is enough for me to believe what my men had been telling me... You, are not my granddaughter, you are someone else."