Chapter 7

You're four weeks pregnant

The revelation of the doctor repeated on Becky's mind like a broken record.  It keeps her mind at bay and at loss of words to say. She cannot imagine herself carrying little life inside her belly in this very moment. Let alone be a mother to this unexpected gift she is offered.

Flashback

"Freen, when are you gonna give me a grandchild? I'm not getting any younger. You should work for it now." Freen's grandmother exclaimed emphasizing the word child in front of Becky and Freen. Freen who heard the request scrunched her face up, she is not ready for a child, let alone have a child with a person she doesnt even love.

"We will work for it gram, but not now. Were both not ready." She replied.

"If you're not yet ready then why not try the IVF process. It will be much more easier, no effort to sacrifice and no sweat to give. What do you think Nun?" Freen's grandmother asked her mother seeking companionship with the idea.

"It depends if both of them like it." Her mother replied.

" I'd like you to do the IVF process Freen, I know you dislike skinships let alone create a child with Becca. So to lessen the interaction, we can do the process by next month."

Freen look at Becky with frozen gaze. Her jaw clenched watching the woman. She knew she can't oppose her grandmother, grandmother is the ruler, and everyone is obliged to obey her. Including Freen.

End of Flasback

"Hey? How did the result go?" Irin asked the moment Becky opened the car's door prompting herself on the sit slouching into it as she evoke herself on her own space. " Becky? What happened? How did it go?"

"It's nothing. I'm not sick." She replied looking outside the window unable to process the big responsibility hung upon her shoulders. Irin as she is, didn't pushed Becky to tell her what happened, instead she drove Becky towards their mansion before she excused herself to go to her mother's appointment living Becky outside the house.

She wasn't ready to enter the house. Freen's car was outside, and it's strange there is no other cars aside from her's park outside. Harboring all the strength left in her, she pull herself together invading their silent house, her footsteps concealed by the mattress she walk upon hiding the tacks of her heels as she take a step further. From afar, she saw Freen leaning on the couch. Her back resting on the sofa while her eyes fixated on the television.

"I know... I would still get Richie, just because her sister married me for the sake of him doesn't mean i'm gonna get him off the hook. " She overheard Freen say, her once distracted senses came back to reality as she dived over the conversation between Freen and someone on the phone with her. " Who do he think he is? Did the beatings he got wasn't enough to serve him a lesson?" Freen asked with a hint of laughter.

Becky remembered the night her brother was brought to the hospital after she got married to Freen months ago, he got broken ribs, broken arms, unrecognizable face, and a big burn mark on his leg. He was so fragile, his body can't move. His legs lose the ability to move for months and Becky was scared of losing her brother that time. Richie almost died, she almost lost him.

"If he still insist, I might be hard on him. So let him follow my orders." She heard Freen say before she hang up the call.  And that's where Becky get out from the corner catching Freen off guard.

"So it was you?" She asked, her eyes teary with waves of tears warning to fall off her eyes. " It was you who beat up my brother? It was you who almost killed him? It's you right? It's you!" She yelled but Freen remained emotionless on her sit. Not even showing any kind of remorse. Well again, devil's won't regret what they did.  " Why did you do it? Why did you even use me and forced me to marry you if you will still kill my brother! Are you happy? Are you even human? Why the hell would you use me for your own satisfaction Freen!"

"Because you are your brother's weakness! By using you I can slowly kill him over and over again. May it not be physically but emotionally I can see him broken and fragile like how I intend him to be. By using you he will die slowly by slowly in guilt! Hurting you also means hurting your brother Rebecca! I asked you thrice, gaved you time to think it thoroughly if you really want to be your brother's pawn, yet you said yes,so it's not my fault that you're the one paying for your brother's debt!" *SLAP* SLAP*

Two sounds of palms hitting a cheek echoed through the room, Freen's face were red as Becky slapped her twice by now, her eyebrows creased upwards as she look at Becky and her eyes simmered murderous glares.  Yet Becky is not move by it,not anymore,not this time.

"YOU ARE A FREAKING LUNATIC! NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU AND PUT UP WITH YOUR ATTITUDE! YOU ARE EVIL! I HATE YOU!" Becky screamed, tears welling up her eyes but it refuse to fall, perhaps it is her way to prove to Freen that she is not always weak at times. And the message was somehow interpreted by Freen. " This is it! I don't even fucking give a damn about this stupid business contract or whatever the hell you call this! I'm done! I'm so done! I'm filing a divorce!" She yelled before she exits the living room, pack her bags and leave.