Chapter 14

Freen's chest rose up and down as she fidget with her hands waiting for the CEO of Armstrong Innovation Company. The swivel chair of where the CEO will sit is still left empty longing for the presence of the owner to arrive. On the wall is a portrait of Rebecca hanging high on the very top dangling with all her glory, the picture radiates a lot of elided beauty from those beautiful brown eyes that seemingly looks like piercing into Freen's deep ones.

"She's really gorgeous Sarocha, I don't know how you manage to dodge that beauty before." Nam exclaimed. " If I happened to be Becky's wife I would never ever let her go, that beauty is to be treasured."  Freen glared at her, the flame on her eyes bore at Nam's smug face who have a wide grin on her lips. "Woah!  Chill out man i'm just kidding!" She added seeing Freen's rage visible in the window of her soul.

"Behave Nam, were here for business. Not for anything." Freen cooed averting her gaze towards the door.

As the door swung open, Freen's face lit up expecting a Rebecca Patricia Armstrong walking down this very pathway towards their direction but to her dismay, it was never Becky who walked in.

It was her brother.

Richie looked at Freen with a blank expression. His soft side subsided, his fears no longer visible as he exchange a flare with Freen's eyes. 

"Richard." Freen exclaimed grinning, her disappoinment hidden under the depths of mockery as she look at Richie who gaved her a stern look without any mark of fright.

"Sarocha." He replied. His voice as cold as ice matching Freen's curt ones.

"As far as I know it is not you we came here for, am I right?" Freen asked, her eyes darting towards the door waiting for Rebecca to walk over. Maybe she was just late and will follow behind.

"My sister will not be walking on that door Freen, so let's sit and start getting this business done before I can get sick of seeing your face!" He prompted sitting on the swivel chair adjacent to Freen's seat. 

"Too bad you'll be sick everyday." She replied urging a source of infuriation to Richie. " I'm not doing the meeting." She added standing up from the chair ready to depart when Richie stopped her.

" We will do this meeting whether you like it or not Sarocha. We are busy people here, you... Are a business woman, and so does my sister and I. We are busy and we don't have all day to do this shit with you so sit here and let's ran this over." He firmly stated, his voice laced with anger concealed in a very controlled manner as he look at Freen cautiously.

"I signed up for a meeting with Rebecca, Richard. Where is she that she ditch her business partner like that?" She asked.

"My sister is out of your league Freen. She has another matters to do so let her off the hook." He replied.

"Much more important than her meeting with me?" She retorted. " Much more important than her business partner?"

Richie gritted his teeth. His annoyance palpable as Freen dare her anger to intensify. " Much more important if it's the love of her life."  Richie replied referring to Finley, Rebecca's love of her life. But to Freen, not knowing the child she has, thought it was Rebecca's lover.

Freen's breathing hitched, her eyes darkened with jaw clenched tight. "Cancel the meeting, I won't do it today. Not unless Rebecca come here herself."    

Freen went out of the office, her face reddened in the gush of the moment. Richie on the other hand slumped himself on the swivel chair inhaling a new breathing not knowing how much air he held back in front of Freen.