Chapter 42

It's been a week.

A week since Freen didn't go to the office. Becky was devastated not seeing the woman. Her guilt was eating her up and everytime she tried to call it will directly go to voicemail. Everyday she waits for Freen to show up in the office and apologize, and maybe treat her wounds. Yet the woman is not around. The absence of the other CEO left a hellhole in her chest.

Finley was still not talking to her. And she won't blame the kid. She had a fair share of trauma left on her daughter's mind and she can't force her if she don't wanna talk. She has to be patient, for once and for all.

Stuck with all the pending papers on her desk, Becky scrape her nape pinching the bridge of her nose as her head ache worsen. She hasn't get enough sleep the past week because aside from her guilt is eating her out. The pending papers and her modeling shoots always get in the way.

She was busy with her task on the desk when the door suddenly opened. She didn't raise her head afraid that she will be distracted.

"Babe?" She asked. Engfa wasn't around so all she could it was is Charlotte. The footsteps stop midway, startled by the nickname she addressed. " Babe why did you come back-Freen?" She stood up. Surprise by the sudden arrival of the woman.

"U-uh hi." Freen replied. Her eyes avoiding Becca's eyes. She keeps looking everywhere but Rebecca's brown orbs, and all Becky wanted to do is gripped her face and make her look at her.

She look at Freen. She was wearing a casual sleeve and a shorts. It seems like she won't be working today.

"H-how's your shoulder?" Becky manage to ask.

"It's fine. Don't worry." Freen replied, she was taking her sling from the swivel chair making Becky furrow her brows.

" W-where are you going?"

"U-uh.. I'll be asking for a leave again Becca. I have to do something important. And I have to rest my shoulder, it's swelling." She added. "I'm going now." Freen exits the room but Becky followed from behind.

"Freen..." She called. Her voice were soft and cautious. Afraid that it would stung the older girl.

"Hm?"

"Do you have any plans later?" She inquired hoping that Freen would never turn her down. Freen look at her cautiously, although hesitant, she shook her head in anticipation as Becky beam a soft smile.

"Can we pick Fin together later? That kid misses you." She cooed.

"That's it?" Freen asked.

"And I also wanted to apologize for what I did. I shouldn't have done that. I'm so sorry." She exclaimed, her eyes started heating up, her guilt is eating her alive and the fact that her daughter don't want to talk to her is a torture.

"It's fine Bec. You don't have to worry." She replied.

"Is your shoulders okay? Can I see it?" Freen look hesitant. She don't know why Becky is acting like this after blowing up on her a few days ago.

"U-uh... Sure." She replied.

Becky patted the soft space on the swivel chair beckoning Freen to sit there. She may dislike Freen but she's not too cruel to just sit in knowing she harmed the girl. After all, she knew she still care. And she can't take that feeling away.

Once Freen was settled on the swivel chair. She started to unbuttoned her shirt. One button after the other, and somehow Becky can't help but look at those sexy collar bones. That broad chest with porcelain milky skin. It felt so smooth to touch.

"Here." Freen's voice snapped Becky from reality. Only then she realize Freen already slid off the other side of her sleeve revealing her brasierre.

Becky traced her fingers on her shoulder. There was a deep cut on her skin, visible mark of the night that she pushed Freen off. "I'm sorry about this. I shouldn't have pushed you." She whispered.

"It's fine Becca. Stop apologizing." Freen replied. " It's fine, it's also my mistake I didn't asked for your content before bringing Fin with me. I'm sorry too."

"But I shouldn't have done that. I didn't know you just take Fin to the park. I thought someone else pick her up." She exclaimed explaining her side of the story. Freen on the other only shrugged, there no hint of annoyance in her face. Nothing at all.

"It's fine Rebecca."

Becky only nodded. In one swift motion, Becky pulled off Freen's long sleeve from her body confusing the other woman. She flinched. As if Becky's touched would burn her. " What are you doing?" She asked blankly. She leaned backward maintaining a safe distance from Becca. Her voice is cold and stoic, a new emotion Becca unlocked.

"I'm gonna clean your wound." She replied hoping Freen wouldn't protest anymore.

"No need. It's already cleaned... Fah cleaned it earlier."

"What?"

"Fah went to my hotel and she help me clean it." Freen replied. Upon hearing this, Becky continue pulling her sleeve off until it was already out of her skin. She wanted to scrape Engfa's touch.

"I'm gonna clean it. I did it so i'm gonna clean it." She replied.

Freen didn't say anything, she just let Becky clean her wound changing the bandage and treating the cut she caused. Including her knees. Becky put clean bandage on her knee securing each of it not to catch a virus. She was so busy cleaning the wound that she didn't notice Freen was looking at her intently.

How nice. She exclaimed. How nice would it be to have Becky treating me like this. Only if I didn't ruin her before, maybe... Just maybe we could happen right now. Maybe we could live happily with Fin. Maybe, only maybe.

Becky on the other hand gulped lightly, this is the first time she came this close with Freen and somehow it made her heart beat abnormally. She chew her lower lip, as if it would calm down her beating heart.

How could I be so cruel to do this? Why did I even push her that night? She wouldn't have to suffer from this.

"Done." She announced. Her eyes darting away from Freen's eyes. She was afraid to look at those brown ones. Afraid it would pull her walls down which she built years ago.

Then she saw her fingers.

She was wearing one of their rings. Their wedding ring. Freen was wearing it on her left hand while the other dangled from her neck.

Why is she wearing that?

She cooed. " Thank you." Freen replied smiling a little before buttoning down her sleeves again. Freen notice the way Becky look at her finger and it made her uneasy so she hid it on her pocket. "I-uh...I need to go."

"S-sure." Becky stutter. Her voice fading in as the moment before her unravel.

Caught in between the tension, Freen don't know what to say. Instead, she fled the premise and drive off her car away from the building. And again, Becky was left with the emptiness of the entire space.

"I'm sorry Freen. If only it was so easy to forgive you." She whispered before letting out an exasperated sigh.

:this is my last update for today, my eyes are so painful already.