Chapter 19

"WHAT THE FUCK FREEN! JUST WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?" Becky yelled, her voice rang over as people look at them confusingly but Becky couldn't care less.  She was devastated, angry even.

"Rebecca calm down! Can you just chill first?" Freen asked trying to convince Becky to calm down, but Becca, being infuriated, didn't calm down any bit.

"YOU CHILL FIRST! FOUR YEARS AGO YOU MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL ON EARTH! YOU FUCKING KEEP INSULTING ME AND HURTING ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN! I WAS YOUR WIFE! I'M THE WIFE FREEN! IF YOU DIDN'T LOVE ME AT LEAST SHOW ME RESPECT BUT NOT EVEN AN OUNCE OF IT WAS SHREDDED! I ENDURED EVERYTHING YOU DID, SWALLOWED MY PRIDE BECAUSE I AM NOTHING BUT YOUR WIFE! YOUR UNFORTUNATELY FUCKING WIFE IN PAPERS AND NOW THAT I'M OUT OF IT SOME COPS WOULD KNOCK ME THE TRUTH THAT WE WEREN'T DIVORCE!"

"Becky! Becky stop! Calm down Becky!" Freen yelled back. " I'm sorry for making a scene, please allow us to leave."  Freen dragged Becky out the shop, the fight they created caused chaos all over the place. Freen held Becky's wrist disabling her to escape, her hand held tightly on the woman's wrist as she opened the door of her car to talk.

"Get in." She demanded but Becky being Becky, she didn't move a muscle.

"I would never get in the same car with you!"

"Becky please! Just... get in!"

"No Sarocha! We talk here or either we don't talk at all! Now fucking tell me why you didn't work on the divorce papers when my signatures are already attached to it! Why did—"

"Becky?" Charlotte's voice illuminated on the empty parking space, following her from behind is Nam who gaved us a pointed look. " What are you two doing here? Is everything alright?" She asked.  Freen who was holding her wrist slowly detached her hand from the latter's as both of them keep a safety distance between them.

"Everything's fine babe. " She replied, her once infuriated tone vanished as Charlotte ascended in the area. The sudden switch of emotions got Freen slightly jealous. How can she switch that quick in front of this woman? Her mind inquired yet her mouth is sealed to speak.

"Ahm... Can we go home now?" Charlotte inquired, her voice laced with hesitation as she notice the palpable tension hanging heavy in the atmosphere.  " We can go later on if you have something to talk about babe. I'll wait for you in the car." She was about to walk away when Becky held her wrist, just then Freen's eyes darted from their tangled hands.

"We can go, in fact let's go now." She replied. " We're heading first Ms. Sarocha, I hope you'll have a great day." Her voice tinged with sarcasm. " We're going now P'Nam." After bidding their departure from both women, Becky started walking away.

"We'll go first Freen. " Charlotte smiled at Freen but before she can walk away, Freen flash a little smile that got Charlotte almost jumping in awe as she saw the younger girl smile for the first time. " Bye bye." She smiled at both of the girls.

"Lottie hurry up!" Charlotte flinched hearing Becky's voice. Not wanting to intensify her best friend's annoyance, she jog over towards their car as they both shut it close.

The drive was again silent. The atmosphere fell into a constant cold vibe as Becky sealed her mouth to speak. Her fingers tapping lightly on the steering wheel as Charlotte shifted back and forth in her seat. Their car came to a green light giving Charlotte a chance to examine her friend's face. And that's when she notice the damp cheeks of Becky.

"Did you cry?" She asked.  She cupped Becca's cheek between her palms as the latter looked away.

"I'm not." Becky denied yet her voice lack the same energy she once posses.

"I know you Becky, so don't you lie." She threatened. Charlotte waited for Becca to speak, her patience being tested as the other woman is persistent on shutting her mouth up until they reached the red light.

"Becky."

Becky sighed. Her whole being trembled in trepidation as she recalled the revelation. All along she thought she was divorce, she was living in a depths of lie where her marriage were all about contract, and her divorce was all about a lie. A bond with nothing but business, a marriage with loveless couple, and now that everything seems to be perfect for her and for her daughter... Everything came running back. The haunting of her past and the people who cause her wreckage. They are all coming back and she is not yet ready to brace herself for whatever coming in the next unknown.

"Chankimha and I..." She paused. " We kind of fought back there." She exclaimed hesitating to open the topic.

"What? Is that why you we're standing in front of the parking lot?" She asked. Becky then nodded. " Why? What's the reason?" She asked.

"We are still married Lottie." Charlotte's eyes went wide. Her mouth hung agape as she look at Becky who is now focus on driving.

"What!"

"She didn't file the divorce. All along I thought she did, all along I thought we would never cross paths again. My signature is already there, all she needs to do is sign it up.  But she didn't." Becky's tears welled up in her eyes warning to fall any minutes. Her vision started to get foggy as the tears stream down her cheeks.

" I just wanted to be free from her. To not be connected to her ever again, but I just knew earlier that she didn't sign the divorce papers. She is still using my surname in her names, I still have my surname attached to her in her ID's and it's scaring me Char. It's scaring me how would this situation take us, how this revelation would shape us." She replied while driving. Noticing that Rebecca could not drive properly in this state, Charlotte suggested that they should pull over.

" How did you know that you were divorce?" She asked as soon as the car came to a stop and is already in a safety area.

" I called the cops on her for stalking me but they keep refusing not to take her so they made me look at her ID and I saw name Freen Sarocha Armstrong Chankimha. It was still my surname, still the same." She whispered. " You know I just wanted to escape from her. From the havoc she caused, why is it so hard for her to give me that?" She asked. " Living with Freen is something I don't wanna experi again Char... Yet she's pulling us backwards. I just wanna be free... But it seems now that it's impossible to be. It's impossible to be free if I am the bride of Chankimha."