Chapter 12

Scanning the folder laid upon her eyes, Chankimha lingered to the name sculptured against the stained-white paper as the intensity of it brought a different sense of emotion in her body . Is it longing? Perhaps excitement?

She averted her gaze looking at her best friend for quite a while before raising a question.

"Why is her name in here?" She inquired, the curiosity gnawing up at her as to why Rebecca's name was added in the list of potential business partners.

" The board included her Freen, her company is one of the most successful companies in England rating 10 out of 10 upon the whole Europe so why discard her together with some other small business in that area right?" Nam replied stating as a matter of fact of reality. 

With a scrutinizing stare, Freen bit her inner cheek, a habit she usually do when shes nervous about something.

"Why? Don't you want to meet her again?" Nam asked noticing the sudden change of demeanor from her friend.

"Isn't it the other way around? Do I deserve to be questioned if i'm ready to meet her? Or is she ready to meet me?" She replied. The knots in her stomach rumbles as she thought about meeting Rebecca again beknowst to her own perception as to why she felt that way.

"Then why not use this chance to amend what you had cause?" Nam asked. " Why not right?"

"Shut up Nam you're poisoning my mind. Maybe it's time for you to go so get out now." Freen kicked her friend out from her office as it giggled in awe seeing the distress on Freen's face.

As the door closes, Freen was left with a palpable feeling of skepticism as she navigate through her day. No matter how much Freen tried to busy herself with different curriculars around her office, her mind would always wander about Rebecca, of what it felt to see her again, or hear her voice. Her heart somehow screams a yelp of excitement thinking she would meet her again.

On the other side, Rebecca was left restless as Richie called her one morning saying she have to head to her company for some important matters. Richie was the COO of her company and also founded a company of his own in other countries. Becky herself was the CEO and both of the siblings work together to aim the success they wanted to grasp for a long time.

Driving her Czinger 21C, Becky's mind race with a lot of questions. Her thoughts travelled on different dimensions as she take herself to the comfort of her very own sweat and tears shredded success. Her company.

"Good morning Ms. Armstrong." The guard greeted as she walked out of her car the moment it came to an abrupt stop. She received a lot of warming smile from her employees as she made a huge entrance, althought her mind was preoccupied with another business, she didn't fail to flash a smile back to each and everyone as she made her way towards the very last floor and everyone felt so overwhelmed seeing her again. Becky might be the CEO but her modelling career will always get in the way making Richie substitute all her roles as a CEO when she is called by the company.

"Good morning." She replied, her smile radiant as it project over the air making everyone smiling in anticipation.

"Good morning Ms. Armstrong." Richie's secretary greeted.

"Good morning Tasha." Without any warning, Becky twist the knob of Richie's office revealing a restless guy walking back and forth at the expansion of his own space.

"Becky! I'm glad you're already here!" He exclaimed dragging Becky towards the opposite swivel chair before handing her the business letter they received from international companies. " Freen will be here."

"What!" Becky's face convey an appalled expression. The blood gush out from her face as it turned pale, fist clench tight beside the paper. " Why is she one of these business partners?"

" I don't know Bec, I don't freaking know. But this is up for no good. Why would Freen suddenly come here for this when she's richer than us, when her company is more successful than ours? " Richie's inquiries heightened Becky's gnawing appalled expression as it left a sour reaction on her face.

"Cancel her request Richie. I don't want her here. She's not welcome." Her voice tinged with aspiration to dismiss Freen's joint partnership letter, the pain and sore memories she and her ex-wife built somehow ignited the ache she had in her chest.

"We can't Bec." Her brother replied.

"What? Why?" She asked. " I am the CEO of this company and I can and I will cancel her request whenever I want. Is there any problem to that?"

"Becky read further on the very end of the page." Following Richie's words, her eyes darted at the very end of the page and read the statement stated.

Rebecca Armstrong,
  I no longer needs to introduce myself in this because we both know you know me well enough. We are flying over England tomorrow, as soon as possible. See you Ms. Rebecca.

"Fuck! Who does she think she is! This is so unprofessional sending this request only now and she's already flying over here tomorrow? Is she crazy?" She hissed, her annoyance evident as she profanity if Freen's word hung heavy in the air. " She's insane!"

"What should we do Becky?" Richie asked.

"I don't know Richie, we can't call this off, especially when some other CEO's already knew about her coming. "

"Then what should we do?"

"You." Richie snapped his head towards his sister. Confusion loomed over his face as he look at his sister.

"What?" He asked.

" You will meet her Richie. I will never meet her, nor show my face to her. I'm not ready to face Satan's right hand."

"What? No! I would never!"

"Richie! You will meet her tomorrow whether you like it or not."

"But I don't want to!"

"Are you still afraid of your enemy Richie?" Becky confronted. " Isn't it about time to man up and face the people you feared before. You have the money Richie, you have the power, you have a name in the industry and that alone can't make you fear Freen anymore. She might be the most powerful and posses a lot of second hands but you... You would never step back, not again, not ever." 

Richie's face lit up from hid sister's encouragement. The words that rolled out her tongue somehow brought a sense of relief and pride in his heart as it swell in astonishment.

"But youll be there right?" He inquired. " You know how scary your ex-wife looks like. I don't wanna die just because of her stare!"

"I have another business tomorrow Richie, I can't promise anything." Becky started walking out of the office after knocking some reality to Richie, Richie on the other hand kept calling her name only to be given a deaf ears from his sister who left the place as soon as she can.