Chapter 31

As the days turned to weeks, Freen found herself addicted on the thought of making up to her daughter. She never failed to pay a visit to Finley every now and then, she would bring chocolate, toys, clothes and any more things that she wanted to give to spoil her daughter. She wanted Finley to know how much she love her. How much she mean to her mother.

However, there is gnawing tension building up in between them. There is a palpable energy stock in between the unspoken words in the pit of their tongue. There was a turmoil hanging heavy in the air. In every business meetings, may it be out or in England, Chankimha never failed to come back. It's as if England is now her home. Becky felt the genuine affection that Freen showered her daughter, she is overwhelmed about the fact that Freen is even the one craving for Fin. Yet in the growing bond hides an invisible wall dissecting them from each other's boundaries. Strings that none of them wanted to push.

Becky walked back and forth in her office. This is the very day that Freen and her company will do the joint venture and sign the contract of building another branch of their company in another place. But somehow her heart is not at ease to meet the woman again after weeks of her disappearance due to some important matters.

"Babe, can you stop? You're making me dizzy." Charlotte complained. Her head twitching from the rapid motions. "Why are you even nervous? You have meet her a couple of times now."

Becky sighed. " I don't know Cha, I feel like...like something bad will happen." She replied, voice inaudible in between.

Charlotte walked closer to her, wrapped her arms around her best friend and leaned her chin on her shoulders. " Nothing bad will happened okay?" She assured.

Becky relaxed a bit, her tense shoulder loosen up as she inhale a hug amount of air. As both of them tangle together in a comfort of each other's embrace. The door banged opened revealing Freen making them both pull away but Charlotte never failed to notice the glares she received from the woman. Freen's face can't be painted, there's something about it that can scare anyone away. Then suddenly, a woman walked behind her clinging on her like a leech. Nam and Richie soon followed behind.

"Who is she?" Charlotte whispered.

"Do I look like I know?" Becky sarcastically replied.

"Well I thought your wife gaved you a heads-up." She tease earning a elbow nudge from Becky.

As the two CEO's of each company sit in across each other, the intense gaze and stares are exchanged. Freen glared at Charlotte while Becky glared at the woman in front of her.

"Who is she?" The question was directed to Freen, Becca's tone conveys jealousy but she failed to label her own emotions. "I don't know her, she shouldn't be joining this meeting."

"I am her girlfriend... Soon to be wife." The woman replied flipping her hair sideways grinning smugly at Becca.

"Soon to be wife... That woman can't even be loyal to one person." Becky mumbled.

"Are you saying anything?"

"Nita! Shut it!" Freen nudged but her girlfriend was persistent.

"I don't want you here, get out of my office." Becky exclaimed, voice cold and firm.

"I am with my girlfriend and she's your partner. Don't worry I won't interrupt your meeting." Nita assured. " Or maybe your distracted because I am her present girlfriend and you are the past." She added, Charlotte and all the other two gasped in anticipation. Freen on the other hand pulled Nita's hand harshly.

"Nita!"

"What?"

Becky glared at Nita, her smirk was dangerous and scary. But despite the murderous gaze, Nita provoke the tension.

"Touchè." Becky exclaimed before she started the meeting. Along the session, Nita and Becky's gaze always meet halfway provoking each other's rage. Nita would sometimes lean towards Freen rubbing her arms that irks Becky. She avoid Freen's eyes, no matter how much her heart tell her to come and take a peak but her mind refuse to do so. She is afraid she will see her remorseful gaze, she is afraid the anger she once felt will resurface again.

She has come to terms with the fact that the past is in the past and realized that if she spend herr time hoping she will suffer the consequences for what she did to her heart, then she's allowing her to hurt her a second time in your mind. And she don't want that.

Once the meeting was over, all of them get out of the conference room. Becky proceeded to the restroom, Cha proceeded to her office while Richie and Freen stayed on the reception area. Beknowst to Becky, Nita had followed her through the restroom, her mind distracted by the fact that Freen and Becky are working together.

"Do you still love her?" Her voice made Becky snapping her gaze. Her eyebrows rose up.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Nita's face contorted." Don't play dumb Armstrong, do you still love Freen? I can totally see how you look at her Rebecca. She's not into you so fuck off!"

Becky laughed sarcastically. "If we are to claim our happiness again, we need to let go of baggage from the past... And what you've got is my trash." Nita was taken aback. Her aura changes. She couldn't accept the fact the Becky called her girlfriend a trash.

"Excuse me? She left you because you were nothing."

" You're wrong baby girl. She didn't left me... I left her. Why? Because she's a playgirl who wanted nothing but games with everyone."

"Stop saying anything! Fuck off! Leave my girlfriend alone! You freak!" Nita's rage was intense and Becky cannot be more happy to provoke her anger. It's nice seeing her this mad.

" I don't fuck anyone Nita.... And between me and you? Who's more likely to be a freak? Am I the one fucking the person who fuck every girl in the bar?" She asked. The words that roll out of her tongue is out of her league. She can't control herself, she isn't even looking at Freen yet this woman is so mad. " Be mindful, maybe later she's bringing another woman home."

"She won't do that to me! I'm gonna be her wife and i'll make sure she would not do that!" Nita sprat angrily.

"Marriage is not an assurance that she will not cheat Nita. Lust is a nature, rings are only a symbolism. Now if she was a cheater, how can your marriage change her view of being a womanizer? A cheater always finds a way to cheat. In the cheating game, they have to be smart at hiding, and now it's your own choice to figure it out." She replied before passing the other girl aiming for the door. But before she can get out, Nita spoke.

"Why do you speak like you've known Freen a lot? You're just the ex girlfriend!"

Becky walked towards Nita, pulled her nape in shocking the woman leading her to brace her hand on Becky's chest. " I learnt it from experiences Nita." She replied before smirking. " And oh... Maybe she forgot to mention. I'm Rebecca Patricia Armstrong."

" The ex-wife."