Chapter 38

"Send her home Charlotte." Becky demanded the moment Freen was inside the car. Her face was unreadable as she glared at her best friend who grinned at her sheepishly.

"Why would I do that?" She inquired.

Becky rolled her eyes, annoyed by her friend's irritating gaze. "Well basically because you were the one who told me to pull her out of that damn dancefloor. You send her home, I won't be sending her there."

"But I don't want to." She declined. "You would let me take your wife home? Damn I would gladly take her home but in my place." Becky groaned in response. This woman really can't set aside her raging hormones for once.

"We're calling Nam. Give me your phone."

" Why are you using my phone? You have yours!"

"I don't want her to have my number okay? Sometimes your an idiot!"

She handed me her phone as my hand rush over to look for Nam's number. Once I found it, I press the call button and tuck the phone in my ear.

"Hello? Charlotte?" Nam's voice was slow yet audible on the other line. She is probably in bed.

"P'Nam it's Becky." She heard a rumbling sound on the line.

"Becky? As in Becky Armstrong?"

"Yes, this is me P'Nam. Freen's in the bar and she's drunk. I can't send her home and uh—can you come pick her up?" Freen made a loud thud in the car, when Cha open the door Freen already fell off the backseat. Shit!

"That bitch! Which bar is that Nong?"

"The one near our office. Please hurry."

"Can you look after her for the meantime?"

"Sure."

Once the call ended, I went towards the other side of the car helping Charlotte fix Freen back on the backseat. She was curled up in a ball. Half of her buttons were open showing a part of her skin. Her hands was clutching unto something in her chest and I tried pulling her hands off it but she won't let it go.

"Freen let it go." She demanded but she received nothing but a groan from Freen. " Freen... Your hands will be numb if you keep doing that." Becky loosened Freen's grip on the necklace and only then she realize she was clutching on their ring. Their wedding ring. It was dangling around her neck and she was holding unto it for dear life. As I gaze at her neck my hands suddenly attempted to rub the metals we once wore. Yet her hands stop me midway.

"D-don't... I d-don't w-wanna lose it." She whispered. 

I let go of it. My eyes not leaving the rings but my heart ache at the sudden realization. She only realize how much valuable I am when I am no longer hers to claim. Sad but true.

"Babe! Nam is here!" She closed the door slowly not wanting to wake the sleeping woman.

"Nong! Where is Freen? Is she okay?"

"She's fine Phi. She's just wasted." Becky opened the door beckoning Nam to look at her friend who is currently pass out in the car.

"This woman! Yah! Freen!" Becky help Nam get Freen out of the car, the weight of the woman seems to be so heavy, her legs are limping unable to take any further steps. "Sarocha you are so heavy!" Nam whined. The major difficulty they are facing is Freen is taller than the two of them so Freen is still towering them over.

"Charlotte! What are you doing there? Help us!" She yelled.

"Wait babe! Irin is calling!"

"Argh!" Midway towards Nam's car, Freen was getting heavier and heavier. "Freen." She called trying to summon all the spirit left in Freen to hear her. " Freen walk for once, were halfway down Nam's car okay? Don't you want to lay down comfortably?" She felt Freen nodded a little. Her head tilting over the other side leaning towards Becky's shoulder. "You have to walk Freen okay na? Don't make this too hard for Nam. She came to fetch you." As if Becky's voice had magic powers, Freen's legs started taking a few steps and Nam couldn't say anyth aside from thinking that Becky have magic powers on Freen.