Chapter 11

Becky

All of us sit together on the couch, with Charlotte on my left and Irin and Richie across the adjacent couch. Irin's gaze feel like she's studying me, like she's killing me in her mind. Her stare bore deeply into my  brown orbs as she snapped a glance towards Charlotte.

"So Becky, mind telling me who this woman is?" Irin asked boldly.

"She's Charlotte Rin, she's not just a woman." I replied. It's obvious that Irin dislike the idea of me having Charlotte as a girlfriend.

"I know but I don't want to call her that, she should earn my trust."

"Why are you even so mad? We just met today yet you're acting like you had known me for years." Charlotte exclaimed, the grin on her face widen as she saw Irin creasing her forehead.

"I don't like you for my best friend." She directly object. Her dislike for my other friend is palpable.

"Well you're best friend like me can you do something about it?" Charlotte provoke making me nudge her slightly.

"Well—"

"Irin if you don't shut up I will freaking throw you out of this house I swear!" I warned. Irin then stopped abruptly. " Charlotte is not my girlfriend okay, she's my best friend. She's been the there the moment I gaved birth to Finley and she continues being there in all of my achievements, in all of Finley's birthdays and all the events in my life." I declared clearing the tense air between these two. "  She's not a girlfriend okay, she's just doing that because she don't want me to flirt and she's gatekeeping me."

Irin's mouth hung agape taking in the information I fed. Charlotte on the other hand laughed her ass out seeing my best friend's face that look like the whole world fooled her.

"You should have seen your face!" Charlotte retorted holding her stomach. " I long knew you were my Becca's best friend but i'd love to make fun of people and you weren't an exception."

After saying that, Irin rushed over to Charlotte in a split second jumping on her bones as she pinch her inch by inch earning a soft giggles from the older girl.

"And they became besties." Richie prompted shaking his head by the sudden intimacy.

"Oh but before that! I need to talk to Finley first. I wanted to look at her face!" Irin moved away from Charlotte but she was pulled by Charlotte right away.

"You won't be going to my daughter!"

"I will!" They fought for escape but Irin was weaker so she didn't succeed. "I guess it's a good choice I choose that name for her even if I hate her mother."

"What?" The three of us asked, puzzled by the sudden declaration.

"I eh—"

"You named her after Freen? Which name was it?" Richie asked.

"Finley."

"But that doesn't even sound like Freen!" I objected trying to decipher why the hell my best friend named my daughter after my ex-wife.

"Fin. It was supposed to be only that, Rebecca Serenity Fin. But of course I wanted to keep it low-key from you so I turned it to Finley."

"So that's why when I call Fin I feel like i'm calling someone else." Charlotte chimed in.

"I shouldn't have let you name my daughter!"

"Anyway, talking about Sarocha. Do you mind if I ask how that bitch have been?" Richie inquired, his eyes meeting mine asking a silent permission to push the topic which I nodded in response.

"I haven't seen her since. Although I see her sometimes but I kind of don't know anything about her anymore.  She's still unreadable and fierce and the only thing I just know recently about her is she has a girlfriend."

Girlfriend. Freen has a girlfriend. Beknowst to my own note, my heart clenched at the revelation. For four years I lived with Freen I would never say I didn't catch any gnawing feelings in the depths of my heart because I did. I develop a kind of attraction towards the girl, yet I keep it for myself afraid to be hurt emotionally over and over again.

"Well then i'm surprise someone still catch her." Charlotte exclaimed. She knew about Freen, but the only thing she did not know is how attractive Freen is.

"But I kind of suspect she's not happy though. Everytime I see them together she would always leave the other girl behind, she would not open her door for her, and she would also not let her ride the same car as her."

"Well what's new, that's the typical Freen I know." I prompted as everyone in the couch agreed.

For the next couple of minutes, none of us seemed to be bored by the topic, especially if it's about Freen. And that's how we killed the time, or should I say how these three people killed time. By talking about my past.

//

"Freen! Stop being too hard on your employees! Can't you see most of them are resigning for the same common reason!" Nam snapped at me the moment she sat foot in my office. I just yelled at almost all of my workers this early in the morning because they were all testing my patience.

"I don't care if they resign. I can hire people again, someone much more better than them!" I replied slumping on my swivel chair.

"Freen can't you see? Your losing people because you're taking your personal matters at work. That's so unprofessional and unethical Freen. That's so not you!"

"Well they can't blame me! I told them not to let anyone enter my office yet the let Nita come here."

"Nita is your girlfriend Freen!"

"My girlfriend or not she shouldn't enter another's premise without consent. Rebecca was also my wife, but she didn't touched any of those that belongs to me." Nam's eyebrows creased, the raged on her face earlier vanished as a new found grinned covered her lips.

"You were always mentioning Becky's name nowadays. Did you miss you ex-wife?" She asked.

"This is not a joke Nam so you please leave my office and give me a breather."

"No I would never walk out of this office because we have a lot of business matters to talk about." She set the folders on my table one by one before looking at me. 

"What?"

"Don't ask me what you are the CEO here you were supposed to know what to do!"

"Well I don't know what to do!" I replied. It was the honest truth.  This days my mind is not attentive, it's like i'm in another dimension of society wherein everyone seemed to be absent from my own world.

"Fine! Let's start from your international matters." She took five folders, set aside the remaining three and set the new folders in front of me. " So we have here five folders and five different companies in different countries. First is Mr. Bourgeois in France, Mr. Zachary in California, Ms. Narwane in Italy, Mr. Ward in England and last but not the least..." She paused, her eyebrows furrowed at the paper she was holding as I waited patiently for the last company I needed to ask for a partnership with.

"What? Who is it? Can you hurry up Nam? I don't have all the time for this." Nam looked at me puzzled, not wasting any time, she handed me the last folder with concern in her eyes so I scanned the name attached to it.

"Rebecca Patricia Armstrong."