Chapter 23

" Haven't you thought about seeking for the truth? Haven't you done enough background check after knowing Becca was pregnant?" Nam inquired. Her curiosity gnawing at the pit of her stomach especially since she saw Becky with that kid.

"I didn't." Freen replied. " But I wouldn't deny there was this uneasiness I felt when Richie told me the baby is gone.  I feel like he was lying but I didn't pushed through for further investigations." She replied. They were now settled on each of their beds facing the ceiling.

" But what if she didn't really lost the child Freen?" Nam asked. It irk Freen how Nam keep on asking the same question over and over again like a broken record played from the beginning to the end.

"Nam why do you keep asking about me and my baby? Do you know something?" She asked. She darted her eyes from the ceiling to Nam who is still staring at the ceiling before she darted back to where her eyes settled.

"I saw them Freen." She exclaimed.

"Saw who?" She asked puzzled about what Nam was referring to.

"I saw Becky."

"Well of course we would see her,we came there for business." Freen replied in a as a matter of fact tone, but Nam was pertaining to something. Something  Freen don't know about.

"I'm not talking about that." She rolled her eyes. " I saw Becky Freen, she have this adorable kid lying on her chest as she combed her hair with her fingertips. She look..." She paused. Freen on the other hand widened her eyes in shock as she sat back up waiting for what Nam was about to say. " She look more like a mother. The kid looks exactly just like you. She have this caucasian features yet her eyes and everything about her remind me of you. She looks like a replica of you Freen. A mixture of Becky and you."

Freen although nervous managed to calm her heart trying to decipher the fact." You're kidding right?"

Nam shook her head. " Do you think I would joke about something as major as this? I'm not insensitive to joke about Becky having a baby on her own Freen. I'm freaking serious." Nam replied also sitting back up to face Freen.

Freen's hand were clammy, her heart beat increases, her mind clouded with different thoughts as she process the information. " Where did you see them?"

"The way to BKK airport. They were driving next to us, I saw Becky there. She was cradling the child in her arms like a professional mother." Nam prompted. The green tea they were sipping earlier was already empty and both bottle rested on the center of the table.

"A-are y-you for real?" Freen asked stuttering.

Nam nodded.

"I am. In fact if you're still unconvinced I have a picture of the kid. Be thankful I snapped one shot." She replied taking the phone from the table swiping in her pin before handing it to Freen. " Here." Freen's hand trembled, her eyes lock with Nam as nervousness invaded her body. She don't wanna look at the phone, yet Nam's encouraging eyes beckoned her to do it.